Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you put a Ferrari engine in a minivan?

Would you put a Ferrari engine in a minivan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi6fDNJ1NOg

It kills me every time I watch this that he put all of those goodies on a RIGHT FEED BODY!!!!!

So?

A large number of the paintball guns I own are right feed. Guess I should throw them all in the trash. What a shame. I really liked that KP2 and all my Palmer guns.

no, but the troll in me would love to swap a 12A rotary into a corvette
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

What's wrong with a right feed?
    I don't know, fly casual

I have seriously thought about dumping a Chevy 350 into a Toyota Corola(or whatever there name is) station wagon(the most important part) to make a mid-engined RWD sleeper. But could never find the money for such a silly project.

But back to paintball. Eh, some people like to site over the too. Just like some people like MicroMags, or twistlock barrels or brass guns. They just do. The most important thing is that its his gun and he is doing what he wants with it. So cut it, chop it, make it yours.

I would think a right feed would be what the majority of us would want, but the guy in the video looks like he is left handed making me think he would not want it to be right hand feed.

I hate power/right/left/feeds.

Really what I hate are the elbows and the fact that the loader is so elevated.
    endeavor to persevere.......

Quote Originally Posted by Davros View Post
    I would think a right feed would be what the majority of us would want, but the guy in the video looks like he is left handed making me think he would not want it to be right hand feed.
    I'm left handed and actually like right feed as it tucks the loader in behind the bunker when shooting out the left side.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I hate power/right/left/feeds.
    Really what I hate are the elbows and the fact that the loader is so elevated.
    Whoa bro, that's a lot of hate.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureEngineer View Post
    Would you put a Ferrari engine in a minivan?
    Ryan might.

Forget the car analogy, my point is this: I understand that left/right/power feed bodies were popular back in the day and served their purpose when people were trying to improve line of sight in paintball guns. There is nothing wrong with them. However, if I was going to spend a bunch of money customizing a gun like that for use in today's paintball, I would have chosen a center feed body. They are more practical, don't require elbows, can be shot with ease out of both sides of a bunker and most importantly, they have much better resale value.
    My tourney setup: Polished Insight NG_Spire with ramp and Crown SF_14in Dye UL .684-Crossfire 68/4500 with LP spring kit
    My just for fun setup: System-X autococker with CP reg, aftermarket clamping feedneck, WGP internals and flame drop (because I like it hot)_Dye rotor with Virtue Crown 2.5 and Virtue SoftCycle arm_Ninja 48/3000 aluminum tank with Guerrilla Myth reg