Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pack

New Pack

Tax refund is in and I have some $ to spend.

I also have a 10 year old NXE pack that I'm thinking about replacing. I'm eyeing up the BK and HK zero gravity packs - no straps on the pods.

Anybody see or play with them yet?

Any other packs I should look at?

I have one of the BK packs. I love it so far, hold everything nice and tight and it's a comfy pack in general. I might be worried about losing pods if you're a really active front/snake player type, but I haven't had one work it's way loose at all yet.

I came from NXE packs. Had one of the old ones like yours that lasted forever, replaced it last year with a brand new NXE pack that didn't even last a year, all the velcro is already shot. I treat my gear well and didn't really play too much last year either so I just couldn't justify going with them again.
    Last edited by fullofpaint; 03-14-2015 at 06:31 PM.

Was tempted to pick up a HK one a few months back when they were just released. Borrowed one from a team mate to try out for a day. It works really well and is very comfy. Only downside is its very small. I wear 34" waist jeans with a bit of a gut and only just had about 4" of velcro overlap on the belt. To my knowledge they only made the one size so I decided to pass as I was not happy dropping that much cash on something that does not fit right.

No experience with the BK pack though.

Currently running a 3+2+2 PE/NXE pack and a 4+3+2+2 Dye Assualt. Both are decent, but nothing to write home about. Only thing I'll mention is I appreciate the ID card holder in the PE pack. Very handy.

wait for the new version of the BK pack, much improved padding and other things compared to the original. I like how it will accept any size pod you throw into it with the same amount of resistance. The HK pack you have to pull the pod sleeve thru the back of the pack and secure it with the velcro straps. If you size it for regular pods and someone gives you a locklid or pressflick you will never get them in, likewise if you size it for the LL/PF and someone gives you a normal pod it will fall straight out. Go with the original not the imitator and get the BunkerKings pack. You will not be disappointed.

So they are coming out with another new version of the strapless BK pack? Or is this the one:

http://www.ansgear.com/Bnkr_Kings_4_...spack45red.htm

Looks similar to that but the back padding is beefed up, the top to bottom spacing is bigger, the straps are beefed up some, it has a lot of improvements overall to the whole pack. https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...9fd42a8a1ee51b
    Don't know if that link worked or not but its a pic of max at pbe holding a Heisenberg pack, if you look in the background you can see the other version of the Heisenberg. I can't remember witch one is the new colorway tho.

Interesting... Because their facebook page has this image of their Supreme Pack:

But their website calls the current gen their Supreme pack as well:

http://bunkerkings.com/supreme-packs/supreme-pack-red

I may wait just a little bit - but I want to get a new pack in before the beginning of the season.

Just talked to our rep and the new gen packs are due to be in stock in May.

Eff - wanted it BEFORE May.

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    I came from the NXE "Beast" pack (wish I hadn't sold it!) to the Bunker Kings one - I did have an issue with one of the pods falling out, but it turned out to be a self-fixing problem. Something to do with the elastics inside, which was the issue that they're fixing in the new gen packs. As soon as their 5+4+4 comes out, I'm getting one. I miss having 5 pods.

They're also insanely comfy. I've got a 38" waist and it fits like a charm, but only if the back section is below where your pants come up to, otherwise it tends to ride up and cause issues.