Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NXL to return?

NXL to return?

National Xball League has resurrected their facebook page today.
    My tourney setup: Polished Insight NG_Spire with ramp and Crown SF_14in Dye UL .684-Crossfire 68/4500 with LP spring kit
    My just for fun setup: System-X autococker with CP reg, aftermarket clamping feedneck, WGP internals and flame drop (because I like it hot)_Dye rotor with Virtue Crown 2.5 and Virtue SoftCycle arm_Ninja 48/3000 aluminum tank with Guerrilla Myth reg

Insider
    And put a presser out on the 'Nation as well.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4695849

And the league wars are on...

A LOT is going to happen in the next few weeks.

I am not sure the ideal solution for tournament paintball is going to come out of this (on one side or other) but we can hope.

I'm still hoping for a league independent of any team or manufacturer, but the chance of that is looking less likely right now. A few weeks ago it had a chance of happening but as always $$$ is the issue.

Insider
    Agreed Simon. Although it will be interesting to see the format that they announce ... with teams crying poverty at some levels now, I can't see that full X-Ball can be affordable for them.

Saw the PSP must have know a presser was coming - they released this on their site yesterday:

The PSP would like to address some rumors, both internally and externally, surrounding our league:

1) The entire PSP Staff, will be staying together and is dedicated to bringing our customers the best events possible.

2) No individuals, teams, or event sponsors will be denied the ability to participate in the PSP, regardless of their affiliations outside our league.

3) The PSP holds fair competition as a core principle. It was brought to our attention that our current paint sponsorship structure put one of our teams at a potential disadvantage; we will be addressing this issue within the next week.

4) A new corporate structure in the PSP is being introduced, which leaves no one shareholder accountable for any future PSP decision-making. The CEO, COO, and other PSP staff will be responsible for running the business.

Expect to see a lot more transparency from the PSP as these changes are implemented, as well as a more open line of communication between customers, our brand ambassadors, and upper management.
    http://pspevents.com/2015/03/2015-psp-league-updates/

Insider
    2) No individuals, teams, or event sponsors will be denied the ability to participate in the PSP, regardless of their affiliations outside our league.
    This seems like a major change from the way the PSP has been directing themselves lately. I think the PSP really got the message from players, sponsors and the NXL opening up.

Expect to see a lot more transparency from the PSP as these changes are implemented, as well as a more open line of communication between customers, our brand ambassadors, and upper management.

4) A new corporate structure in the PSP is being introduced, which leaves no one shareholder accountable for any future PSP decision-making. The CEO, COO, and other PSP staff will be responsible for running the business.
    I wonder how much of the past decisions for who was allowed in, the restrictions of sponsors and related was Dave's direction of PSP, or other members.

Interesting year on the tournament scene. This looks really encouraging if they do follow through.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

I would think this would have the biggest impact on Valken over anybody. Might we see Redemption sitting side-by-side cases of Evil and 5-Star at the next event?

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    I would think this would have the biggest impact on Valken over anybody. Might we see Redemption sitting side-by-side cases of Evil and 5-Star at the next event?
    No one would use it. The last few batches of Redemption I used were sub-par. They bounce way more than Evil or 4/5 star.

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    I wonder how much of the past decisions for who was allowed in, the restrictions of sponsors and related was Dave's direction of PSP, or other members.
    Pretty much 100% of the crazyness that went on lately was Dave. It's why he is "stepping down" (being forced out is probably more correct) as I suspect the others involved had simply had enough of it.

Insider
    Pretty much 100% of the crazyness that went on lately was Dave.
    Sad to hear. Maybe just my old school self, I hate to see our 'heros of the past' screw up. :/ Oh well, humans.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

I think, and hear, that Dave has a lot of issues. Some of THOSE may be the worst-kept secrets in paintball.

I wouldn't be surprised if everyone else involved in PSP pretty much said "either you get yourself out of running this show, or we're all gone and it's all on you for real".