Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Barrel threads

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    It still lives on my pump.

I have an improvement prototyped...
    Are you guys talking about this? http://www.techpb.com/forum/topic/20...hrono-testing/

(By the way, this thread is not in the insiders section, if that impacts further discussion)

This just occurred to me, was "Egomaniacal" in that thread PBSteve? The "tone" sounds similar.

Insider
    I don't know what it says about me that I'm willing to entirely reread and emotionally reinvest in a 3 year old thread
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    I don't know what it says about me that I'm willing to entirely reread and emotionally reinvest in a 3 year old thread
    let the butthurt flow ...... i note that years later the crownpoint cover band has not made an appearance as an accuracy improving barrel in the lurker line up ...

wow i took the internet pretty dang seriously back then ... haha. i do stand behind everything i posted in that thread as accurate, but man, i'd have lulzed a lot more if we did that test today. also note my incorrect conclusion on muzzle effects being the source of the accuracy issue.

ah to be young and stupid again ...

Quote Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post
    ok
    case in point. haha. you could learn something about boring mechanics, chooses not to. not my loss. eh.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 03-25-2015 at 11:51 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

ok
    Justin, i applaud your single word sentence here. Your attention to the minute detail is exemplary. I did laugh out loud. I need to buy you a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    also note my incorrect conclusion on muzzle effects being the source of the accuracy issue.
    I don't believe I've seen the updated conclusion. The underbore affecting accuracy was presented by Bryce at the time, but not sure the barracuda barrel was a critical underbore at .680. Was there further testing?

Insider
    I've shot it with decent paint and I'll tell you that while that particular barrel is a delight to use it produces too many "wingers".
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

ok
    ...and Gordon will be stepping in it in 5...4...3...2...

/gets the popcorn.
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

Insider
    I've shot it with decent paint and I'll tell you that while that particular barrel is a delight to use it produces too many "wingers".
    Which barrel is that? More details?
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Ha, yeah - my questions at the top were not directly answered so it might be hard to follow. Steve posted a picture of the barracuda, which I think they abandoned after testing it with Gordon and Bryce. Not a lot of direct info ever was given up, but it appears to have straight rifling and crazy porting, obviously. I think it must get a lot of comments from the crowd every time you use it Ryan.