Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Barrel threads

Quote Originally Posted by FutureEngineer View Post
    Let's not forget that most new guns these days are macroless and require different reg designs in order to accept air and regulate it back out from the same place. Unlike barrel threads there was never a chance for the industry to standardize a universal macroless reg design. The luxe is compatible with regular regs if you add a macroline and the SL4 regs on the Lv1 and 3.1/5 work the same as the macro kind with he exception of the hose itself being a metal tube, but if I'm not mistaken, pretty much all other macroless guns either have a proprietary reg built into the ASA (Axe/Vanquish/Crossover) or they have their own design for regulating air and rerouting it back to the same direction that it came in from (Insight/Shocker RSX). The Valken Proton has it's reg built into the grip frame.
    have you read ANY of the thread so far?

seriously.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post

seriously.
    I have.

Almost drove off the road when I saw you and Doug agreed on something.

endeavor to persevere.......

seriously.
    I started it. What are you saying? Did I miss something?
    My tourney setup: Polished Insight NG_Spire with ramp and Crown SF_14in Dye UL .684-Crossfire 68/4500 with LP spring kit
    My just for fun setup: System-X autococker with CP reg, aftermarket clamping feedneck, WGP internals and flame drop (because I like it hot)_Dye rotor with Virtue Crown 2.5 and Virtue SoftCycle arm_Ninja 48/3000 aluminum tank with Guerrilla Myth reg

Shhhh, Gordo doesn't read anyone else's posts, so why should he pay attention to who starts a thread? The narcissist in him say, "look at me!".

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Shhhh, Gordo doesn't read anyone else's posts, so why should he pay attention to who starts a thread? The narcissist in him say, "look at me!".
    Well that didnt last long...

endeavor to persevere.......

you responded to my post with exactly the contents of all of my previous posts in the thread, bringing it up, as if it was new.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

you responded to my post with exactly the contents of all of my previous posts in the thread, bringing it up, as if it was new.
    I thought I read it all but I must have skipped a page when I came back to the thread. The previous time I had checked it there were like three responses so I had to read all four or so pages in an attempt to not do what I apparently ended up doing anyway. If it makes you feel any better, what I wrote I thought of completely independent of what you had written since I didn't end up reading it so technically this is a great minds think alike scenario.

EDIT: I went back and read your posts and I don't think I repeated your point I was elaborating on its effect. I used the same examples but what you said was how stock regs are becoming good enough that they don't need to be replaced. The point that I was making was agreeing with you and saying how because of the need being eliminated and companies making proprietary regs (your point), aftermarket regs can no longer be used even if desired with the exception of the Luxe and Crossover (my point) as a result of the universal regulator being implemented on fewer markers. I was basically trying to explain how the effect of the change was also a cause of the progression of the same change.

1. Companies make good stock regs
    2. Need for aftermarket regs reduced
    3. Proprietary regs made more common as inability to upgrade becomes less of an obstacle
    4. Aftermarket regs unusable on new markers with proprietary regs
    5. The inability to use aftermarket regs on most markers eliminates any incentive to make compatible markers
    6. Universal regs are phased out completely

1-3 Your Point
    4-6 My point
    Last edited by FutureEngineer; 03-24-2015 at 10:42 PM.
    My tourney setup: Polished Insight NG_Spire with ramp and Crown SF_14in Dye UL .684-Crossfire 68/4500 with LP spring kit
    My just for fun setup: System-X autococker with CP reg, aftermarket clamping feedneck, WGP internals and flame drop (because I like it hot)_Dye rotor with Virtue Crown 2.5 and Virtue SoftCycle arm_Ninja 48/3000 aluminum tank with Guerrilla Myth reg

I thought I read it all but I must have skipped a page when I came back to the thread. The previous time I had checked it there were like three responses so I had to read all four or so pages in an attempt to not do what I apparently ended up doing anyway. If it makes you feel any better, what I wrote I thought of completely independent of what you had written since I didn't end up reading it so technically this is a great minds think alike scenario.

EDIT: I went back and read your posts and I don't think I repeated your point I was elaborating on its effect. I used the same examples but what you said was how stock regs are becoming good enough that they don't need to be replaced. The point that I was making was agreeing with you and saying how because of the need being eliminated and companies making proprietary regs (your point), aftermarket regs can no longer be used even if desired with the exception of the Luxe and Crossover (my point) as a result of the universal regulator being implemented on fewer markers. I was basically trying to explain how the effect of the change was also a cause of the progression of the same change.

1. Companies make good stock regs
    2. Need for aftermarket regs reduced
    3. Proprietary regs made more common as inability to upgrade becomes less of an obstacle
    4. Aftermarket regs unusable on new markers with proprietary regs
    5. The inability to use aftermarket regs on most markers eliminates any incentive to make compatible markers
    6. Universal regs are phased out completely

1-3 Your Point
    4-6 My point
    4-6 all done as well in my posts.

and i see a similar route with barrels. we dont need a standard thread, because it doesn't matter. getting from there, from here, i see the exact same route as standard regulators, etc etc.

doesnt really matter as its clear we agree.

4-6 all done as well in my posts.

and i see a similar route with barrels. we dont need a standard thread, because it doesn't matter. getting from there, from here, i see the exact same route as standard regulators, etc etc.

doesnt really matter as its clear we agree.
    Well said.

I see great potential in this prediction as it pertains to barrels in that marker specific barrels can be designed to work optimally with one specific gun. Porting could even be lined up with the milling and continue down the barrel as with a new locking system, its possible to thread the barrels so that they line up perfectly when tight. There was nothing more satisfying than having the dye logo perfectly upright and aligned on both sides when I used the adapter with by boomstick on my old ion.

Well said.

I see great potential in this prediction as it pertains to barrels in that marker specific barrels can be designed to work optimally with one specific gun. Porting could even be lined up with the milling and continue down the barrel as with a new locking system, its possible to thread the barrels so that they line up perfectly when tight. There was nothing more satisfying than having the dye logo perfectly upright and aligned on both sides when I used the adapter with by boomstick on my old ion.
    indexed threads add significant time to manufacturing setups

however something like the old twistlock barrels are well suited for features like that because they are pre indexed by design