Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Barrel threads

Not at all. But you will lose sales if you go with anything other than cocker threads on a mid to high end gun. If you are ok with that then you are free to make whatever thread choice you want (some are better than others).

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Not at all. But you will lose sales if you go with anything other than cocker threads on a mid to high end gun. If you are ok with that then you are free to make whatever thread choice you want (some are better than others).
    maybe a year or two ago, and i understand the logic, but done the correct way, i don't think its an issue.

think like the luxe and other macro-less guns. yes, technically they were made to be backwards comparable reg wise, but if the stock reg works pretty good ... no one cares. when was the last time you saw a luxe with something other than the stock reg?

so, provided you give it a barrel no one needs/wants to change ... i don't think people would really care what threads it was.

in other words: FREAK all the things.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

If it didn't matter, the new Shocker would have Impulse threads.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Not at all. But you will lose sales
    I need a drink.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

you can sell anything with enough carbon fibre, freak, and alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    I need a drink.
    Come on over. I have beer in the workshop fridge

Heh, if I had a car I'd take you up on that. I'll probably be in your neck of the woods in a few weeks, though
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    If it didn't matter, the new Shocker would have Impulse threads.
    Wait, it doesn't?

Just went and looked. I'll be dipped, it's Cocker threaded. Interesting.

maybe a year or two ago, and i understand the logic, but done the correct way, i don't think its an issue.

think like the luxe and other macro-less guns. yes, technically they were made to be backwards comparable reg wise, but if the stock reg works pretty good ... no one cares. when was the last time you saw a luxe with something other than the stock reg?

so, provided you give it a barrel no one needs/wants to change ... i don't think people would really care what threads it was.

EDIT: Let's not go crazy about promoting Freak inserts. *Shudder*

I don't think you could sell a new barrel threaded marker with a single barrel, certainly. I think the only way to get away with it would be to sell multiple barrel backs for a two piece barrel. Examples in AC thread were the Empire Sniper and Autococker Resurrection (which came with 6! barrel backs in the kit).

The fact is, some players just like the look of certain barrels, or are convinced that one barrel is better than the other, or just want to upgrade something, anything, on their expensive marker. There are tons of non-rational reasons that players buy barrels and a few rational ones as well. You could at least eliminate the rational reasons by including with the marker a two piece barrel with underbore/midsize/overbore backs.
    Last edited by Unfated33; 03-23-2015 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Forgot the point of my comment

with barrels no longer being a "must replace" "upgrade" (for several reasons) are we really stuck with it?
    Yeah, its called a Stella!

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    EDIT: Let's not go crazy about promoting Freak inserts. *Shudder*

I don't think you could sell a new barrel threaded marker with a single barrel, certainly. I think the only way to get away with it would be to sell multiple barrel backs for a two piece barrel. Examples in AC thread were the Empire Sniper and Autococker Resurrection (which came with 6! barrel backs in the kit).

The fact is, some players just like the look of certain barrels, or are convinced that one barrel is better than the other, or just want to upgrade something, anything, on their expensive marker. There are tons of non-rational reasons that players buy barrels and a few rational ones as well. You could at least eliminate the rational reasons by including with the marker a two piece barrel with underbore/midsize/overbore backs.
    bingo

thus why i bought up freak. as imperfect a system as that is, its better/easier/cheaper than cocker thread all the things. and honestly, its not that far from the ideal (prefer a bit longer).

the point remains. i do actually think, if you provided a stock barrel solution to the so called barrel problem ... no one would care what threads it was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Yeah, its called a Stella!
    my magic pixie dust is better than your magic pixie dust
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.