Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Samsung Why ?

Question Why Samsung Why ?

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s6-6849.php

The new Galaxy S6 has no SD memory slot, and has a non removable battery.

I was looking forward to getting this phone, but now I'm disappointed.

And it has a 5.1" screen ?

Its a Galaxy S6, shouldnt it be a 6" screen ?

Theres at least $600 I can keep in my pocket......

endeavor to persevere.......

They're feeling the pressure to move to the aluminum premium feel that HTC and Apple are doing.

I'm debating between the 6 Edge and the new HTC One M9 when they become available for employees. (We have to let customers get the phones first.)

Having got used to my nexus 4 and using one drive for all my files and Spotify for all my music, I've found the storage issue to be minor. The battery is annoying though - this thing is just starting to get old enough that it doesn't last a day like it used to.

So long as the note 5 keeps those features I'm happy, but only if it's well supported by custom ROMs. I still can't quite believe how lag tastic touch wiz is on otherwise beastly hardware (magazine much? Wtf). It's sad that so many are judging android on such horrible interface tweaks. Maybe this new trimmed down s6 style skin will be better?

Meh. I want a surface phone with windows ten.

I've heard great things about the S6, but that's definitely a strike against in my book. Don't care much about the big screen, but I love the removable battery and memory on my S4.

I think we can blame Apple for this.

I liked my Galaxy S5.

I ended up with a Nexus 6 for a good price {for some stupid reason I think I have to have the latest greatest phone).

I mainly tolerated the no SD slot and the non removable battery because of the pure android experience, that and the big screen.

I was looking forward to the S6 but not any more, I already have a better phone.

Guess I'll wait for the next Nexus phone.

endeavor to persevere.......

Insider
    I made the jump from apple to samsung S5 last year and wish I'd done it sooner. Bought a moto360 to go with it that is going really well so far too.

My S5 wouldn't be remotely functional if it wasn't for the SD slot, and since I use an aftermarket wireless charging pad that most likely isn't possible on the S6 because of the non removable battery, I'm going to give the S6 a miss and go with a better phone when I need it.
    Alex Hodge
    Product designer @ HKArmy
    Designs | Videos | Linkedin

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I think we can blame Apple for this.

Agreed. I think this is just taking from apples playbook on the planned obsolescence. Next step in that playbook is to make sure the latest OS version completely ruins the phones performance and forces you to buy a new one.
    Alex Hodge
    Product designer @ HKArmy
    Designs | Videos | Linkedin

For those of you not familiar there's iFixit, which is a community of people who write directions to repair electronics. I discovered my printer was going bad due to a bad cap and saved it with a $0.60 purchase on amazon.

They don't think particularly highly of Apple for the reasons you're describing.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by L x View Post
    I made the jump from apple to samsung S5 last year and wish I'd done it sooner. Bought a moto360 to go with it that is going really well so far too.

My S5 wouldn't be remotely functional if it wasn't for the SD slot, and since I use an aftermarket wireless charging pad that most likely isn't possible on the S6 because of the non removable battery, I'm going to give the S6 a miss and go with a better phone when I need it.
    Actually the S6 does include wireless charging if I remember the spec sheet correctly.

I have an S5 since October-ish and I've never taken out the memory card nor really ever even filled it. I forgot my phone even had a removable card until this thread.

I like the S5 way more than my old Iphone 4s, but, that wasn't a bad unit either.