Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Samsung Why ?

What do you mostly use the removable storage for, Alex?

I mostly used to use it for music/video, but have a separate camera now + spotify.
    Last edited by vijil; 04-05-2015 at 03:16 AM.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

B3cause companies will do what they think is the progression for the next bit of tech versus what the consumer actually wants. In a world where we have constant contact and phones are incredibly capable; the lack of direct consumer/manufacturer communication is appalling. If there was an need for an app to give a simple like/dislike review, it should be made.

They no doubt spend considerably on consumer focus groups. The average consumer probably doesn't care about removable memory, and Samsung has gotten a lot of flack for the "cheap" feel of the removable cover. Plus, as a manufacturer, it gives them absolute control over exactly what you're sticking in your phone.

I'm not saying I like it or will buy it, but I understand why they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    B3cause companies will do what they think is the progression for the next bit of tech versus what the consumer actually wants. In a world where we have constant contact and phones are incredibly capable; the lack of direct consumer/manufacturer communication is appalling. If there was an need for an app to give a simple like/dislike review, it should be made.
    you have no idea some of the dumb ass test methods cell phone products have to pass .... for the record, the ball drop test is one of the worst test methods ever devised. a test the entire industry uses, and was championed by ... steve jobs. arguably IMO his worst legacy. POEPLE DONT DROP STEEL BALLS ON THERE PHONE SCREENS, this is a totally irrelevant test!
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I was looking at all the comments on a Chrome extension on the Play store, and most of the complaints were from Samsung phone owners.

Which brought a lot of vitriol from developer types in the comments also, telling them Samsung was THEE worst of all the manufacturers for bloatware.

I don't like my phone not having an SD slot or a removable battery, but the vanilla Android with no bloatware, and the 5.97" screen are awesome.

Glad I ditched the Galaxy S5 when I did.

I guess Samsung was the lone holdout out the major phone manufacturers, it was inevitable.

endeavor to persevere.......

Interesting. Most of the bloatware on my phone is from Verizon.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

The phone market seems to differ in different places. The US market actually doesn't seem that great.

Here, many people buy phones without a contract and go prepay. My nexus 4 cost about $400, and since then I've been paying about thirty nzd a month for unlimited calls/SMS and about a gig or three of data (average). No boatware, no contract, no locked in term, no problem. This year I've changed provider three times! Kept number of course.

Yeah, well, the telecom industry probably doesn't care enough about NZ to pay off your politicians.

More effective to do it by dictating through US foreign policy while they're fucking us here. TPP is coming for you.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

TPP has definitely been a hot topic here. Folks are pretty unhappy about giving foreign corporates the right to sue our government whenever they don't like something we decide, but that's the TPP for ya.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by vijil View Post
    TPP has definitely been a hot topic here. Folks are pretty unhappy about giving foreign corporates the right to sue our government whenever they don't like something we decide, but that's the TPP for ya.
    Same topic and reactions back here in Europe.