Thread: Simon, a loaded/er question for you

Simon, a loaded/er question for you

i have been using Halos for nearly 9 years and i loved them, but i am finding that love starting to falter. in your honest opinion, what are the major differences between the Z2 and the Rotor. those seem like the 2 top choices ATM. even though you should say the Z2(your product, from the place you work at), i would like to know what you think of the Rotor and why i should go with the Z2(which i'm leaning to anyway) over the Rotor.

I am not the kind of person that will bash or put down my competition so I am going to be limited in what I say on some fronts.

The Z2 is faster out of the box and on gun from our tests (drop tests are the biggest bunch of crap to measure loader performance), it is also far lighter, a lower profile, and doesn't have issues with cheap paint, swollen paint, or dirt getting into it through the speed feed. The auto unjam system works so well most people don't know it even activated. That allows it to work with reballs, and crappier paint and in conditions that other loaders won't feed under.

The Z2 also has a full range of adjustability if that is of use to you.

The Z2 has a 33% larger lid opening for easier reloads and a quick load lid system that opens to still allow you to load from a bag of paint or easily empty your loader if there is a broken ball loaded, or at the end of the day.

The Rotor is simpler to take apart and reassemble, but the Z2 is much improved over the original prophecy on that aspect too.

The only thing the Rotor had over even the original Prophecy was the easy of disassembly and the durability of the shells. Both I think have been greatly improved with the Z2.

I was considering picking up a Rotor, just because im a whore.. but after using one on my ZR-1 and noticing that a) the gun shot significantly slower, b) the lid was cumbersomely small, and c) the rotor made a racket when working .. I wont be getting one anytime soon.

The only thing Im waiting on for the Z2 is the extended shells. The 240 capacity on the original was perfect. You could always seem to fit an entire pod into it when you reload. Both the Rotor and Z2 I always am dumping a few rounds because they dont fit.
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

As an owner of both, I have some things to add.

The Rotor has an absurd battery life.

I have also found it jams easily with field paint (mine dose anyway).

The only detractor I could find to the Z2 is when a ball breaks (very bad batch of paint), it was more cumbersome to clean.

On the whole, I prefer the Z2.

I've owned a Rotor. Its a great loader. Don't get me wrong.

That said, it's got some heft for it's size. In addition, it is a loud loader when it gets empty. When it jams badly, god help you getting it unstuck with the trigger. I've had to pull off the top, dump my paint, and manually pull the ball out, just to get it to unjam.

On the plus side, its quite durable. As Simon can attest to, after seeing the result of my horrible dive...
    The lid is exactly the size of a pod, which is fine.
    And I have had incredible battery life with mine. Seriously, I've owned it for two years and changed the battery twice.

My 2 cents from a Rotor owner...

Insider
    I used to use a Z2 but it broke brittle paint. Not sure why. I sold it quick. I've been using a Rotor lately. It's not as fast as the Z2. I turned the tension on it down and haven't broken any paint since and I pretty much just shoot Ultra Evil now. I love Empire products and loved the original prophecy... it's just the Z2 seemed to break a lot of brittle paint where as other loaders didn't.

I love my Z2, but The Rotor is like "loader for dummies" it's so stupidly easy to disassemble.