Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somebody at HBO is marked for death

Insider

Somebody at HBO is marked for death

Looks like the first 4 episodes (so far) of Season 5 of Game of Thrones has been leaked online ...

Can't wait to see the reasoned media response to this

well looks like the internet is risky business for the next few weeks then

must.avoid.spoilers.

Doubt this is a PR move to increase hype. Could see one episode or maybe two but the loss they would have from viewers to ad hits would not make sense.
    Proudly Brought To You By: ThisISPaintball, Pinnacle Paintball, PaintballPhotography.com
    Seasons Past:
    Spikes 5150, Spikes Fuel Xtreme, Mystic Warriors, Birmingham Bulldogs, Inro-MORTIFIEURS, ChopShop, SportAgressor Russia, Buffalo CRUsh, Malmo Furious, Canadian Response & Canadian Express

Insider
    What ad hits is HBO getting again? They're a premium service and in fact just launched their online only service.

After discussing this with my viewing partner, we're sticking to the broadcast schedule. If we can avoid spoilers for years based on not having read the books, this should be cake.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

As in loss of subscribers sorry if ad hits made it sound like generic 30 second ad revenue during commercial breaks.

Meaning was that they have really ramped up their ads of GOT across the board in the hopes for more subscribers.
    Proudly Brought To You By: ThisISPaintball, Pinnacle Paintball, PaintballPhotography.com
    Seasons Past:
    Spikes 5150, Spikes Fuel Xtreme, Mystic Warriors, Birmingham Bulldogs, Inro-MORTIFIEURS, ChopShop, SportAgressor Russia, Buffalo CRUsh, Malmo Furious, Canadian Response & Canadian Express

Getting people hooked on the first 4 episodes of the season seems like a great way to increase subscribers.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    Game of Thrones has consistently set records for piracy, which has almost been a point of pride for HBO. "Our experience is [piracy] leads to more penetration, more paying subs, more health for HBO, less reliance on having to do paid advertising If you go around the world, I think you're right, Game of Thrones is the most pirated show in the world. Well, you know, that's better than an Emmy."

bloody pirates
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

Insider
    Sticking to the broadcast schedule here. Otherwise you'll chew through 4 eps and have to wait a month for the next.
    Alex Hodge
    Product designer @ HKArmy
    Designs | Videos | Linkedin

Insider
    Apparently ep 4 is a cliff hanger too