Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IV Core and it's effect on different Geos

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    See, I'm one of the people who saw massive efficiency gains.

Fresh 3.5, slightly worn in, under bored, 1.5L tank filled to 3000ish and I was getting 7 pods and a hopper. All stock settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    I would try the gun first and see how you think it shoots. There is some variance from gun to gun.

But, tyronejk is correct that it is the bolts forward speed that dictates how a Geo sounds and feels. To be more accurate, it is how fast the main valve opens.

The SFR on the 3+ allows you to slow the bolt speed down by restricting the exhaust air out of the pneumatic sear. But the IVCore also slows down the opening rate with the bolt porting.

So the 2 with the IVCore will sound and feel different to a 2 with a standard core, but it wont neccessarily feel or sound as nice as a 3+ with the SFR turned down.

Hope that makes sense.

Jack
    Thank you so much that really helps. I traded my Insight NG for it even though I really wanted a 3 just because any Geo is still a Geo and Geos are my absolute favorite guns out there right now. I would like to convert it to a 2.1 and I already got a POPS for it so now it's a 2.05 but I can't for the life of me find an SL3 with the 45 degree swivel. Is there a way I can get my hands on one? I really don't want to get the violent series one because of the 90 degree fitting but someone told me the 45 degree ones were only available to owners of markers that came with them and broke. I doubt that's true but I guess it's possible. Anyway since they are the best regs out there that still use the standard asa threads, nobody with a geo 2.1 or geo 3 is parting them off their guns and for good reason. How would I be able to acquire one? Thanks.
    My tourney setup: Polished Insight NG_Spire with ramp and Crown SF_14in Dye UL .684-Crossfire 68/4500 with LP spring kit
    My just for fun setup: System-X autococker with CP reg, aftermarket clamping feedneck, WGP internals and flame drop (because I like it hot)_Dye rotor with Virtue Crown 2.5 and Virtue SoftCycle arm_Ninja 48/3000 aluminum tank with Guerrilla Myth reg

Geo2 regs have a little flow restrictor in the macroline fitting to prevent the gun from firing when degassing. Geo2.1 regs have the flow restrictor somewhere else (I can't remember where). So putting a 2.1 reg on a 2 would cause the Geo2 to fire one shot every time you degas the gun (probably no bueno).

Also, those regs don't use standard ASA threads.

Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    Geo2 regs have a little flow restrictor in the macroline fitting to prevent the gun from firing when degassing. Geo2.1 regs have the flow restrictor somewhere else (I can't remember where). So putting a 2.1 reg on a 2 would cause the Geo2 to fire one shot every time you degas the gun (probably no bueno).

Also, those regs don't use standard ASA threads.
    It is my understanding that the 2.1 reg has the restrictior inside the reg body. This only is an issue if you try to replace just the swivel but if you get the whole reg it's not a problem. As for the threads, they are standard. The ego 11 is the only one with the female threads.
    My tourney setup: Polished Insight NG_Spire with ramp and Crown SF_14in Dye UL .684-Crossfire 68/4500 with LP spring kit
    My just for fun setup: System-X autococker with CP reg, aftermarket clamping feedneck, WGP internals and flame drop (because I like it hot)_Dye rotor with Virtue Crown 2.5 and Virtue SoftCycle arm_Ninja 48/3000 aluminum tank with Guerrilla Myth reg

Quote Originally Posted by FutureEngineer View Post
    As for the threads, they are standard. The ego 11 is the only one with the female threads.
    Nope.
    https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/c...-MANUAL-EN.pdf

Same goes for the Geo 3, 3.5 and LV1.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by FutureEngineer View Post
    It is my understanding that the 2.1 reg has the restrictior inside the reg body. This only is an issue if you try to replace just the swivel but if you get the whole reg it's not a problem. As for the threads, they are standard. The ego 11 is the only one with the female threads.
    Shit, you haven't even gotten the gun yet and you're buying "upgrades?"