Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What paintball companies have you worked for and what have you designed

Supports Inception Designs

Insider
    I first played in '91, and decided first game I was going to design something for paintball guns. Little did I know....

Later (like, '93?) I worked at a hobby shop after convincing the owner to carry paintball equipment. I open a field ('95?), ran it with the guy who became Doc Nickel. Had a falling out. Come up with the Shiva design and a few others, had the Shiva made, ended up doing some work with Racegun (01?)with the plan of putting the Shiva on the racegun platform. I did quite a bit with the cocker community, even had a run of bolts on the market for it. Came up with the Torque concept, filed a patent and bounced it around a bit, then due to some family issues took time off (my daughters were abducted for a few years by their mom.) During that time I still dabbled with my contacts and related, working on designs and feedback and just helped people out along the way, the latest being the Zodiac guns.

Right now I am just getting my head above water on the family issues, getting the ducks in a row to start the business up. I have the designs, the prototypes, the test gun mules running and enough talent on board to make a go of it. As soon as I get settled here in TX things will start to roll.

here are some of my pics from my time at PPS...wish I had taken more to be honest...

http://hosting.paintballtek.com/Images/Simonized/PPS/

the workbench was mine while i was there, it was originally Glenn's spool that he used when he was still working. When they moved they were going to throw it out and so I got to take it home with me. It's in storage right now until I get a big enough shop that I can put it in :-)

there's also photos of the original grinder, a couple of E-blazer builds i did, the restoration of typhoon P-1, a pic of our chiropractors hurricane and painter, a photo of the black wrinkle blazer i did, and the most ridiculous project i think i worked on while i was there, the super zeus: http://hosting.paintballtek.com/Imag...S/IMG_0342.jpg and probably a few more that i forgot to mention...

the last pic in the directory was craig (left) me (center) and spindoc (right)

Ive never worked for any paintball companies. Everything I do is for small operations or customers. I do it as a hobby to help offset my paintball habit.

Designed the milling for SuPrBuGmAn's Aka VLM Spyder back in 99ish. I now own it.
    http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...A_VLM_Evny.JPG

As a offshot of that is another body I modified the milling for The SBM Spyder body. The idea was a updated VLM, 6 ended up being made. (Top Body)
    Designed the Pheonix automag body & rail Xmagterror on AO makes & sell.(Center)
    Designed the Ripper automag body & rail Xmagterror on AO makes & sell.(bottom)
    http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...05/Desigin.JPG

Designed the shockwave body & battery pack Xmagterror on AO makes & sells. Yea I dont have any of my own pictures of one. Im still waiting for my gun to get back from ano.
    http://automags.org/forums/showpost....34&postcount=1

Also Designed a couple popular triggers & frames for automags. As well as many parts that havent made production. Working with small operations means designs may get done but no funding for even low production or delayed funding.

Also been helping others when they need it. Especially when it comes to designing automag parts lately.

Also did the design for this. It Started as a AKA Vlm spyder. Black is original.

Gonna be working on a on/off xmag milling soon.

Im sure Im missing some things. & ofcourse theres those I can really discuss.
    Last edited by Cougar20th; 06-19-2014 at 03:43 PM.

been offaered by several paintball companies, but always refused.

i'll stake my well being on a sane industry thank you very much!

you guys are brave men, very brave to make a living in the most non-rational and ridiculous industries i have ever seen. and yes, i used to work in medical devices ...
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 08-06-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    been offaered by several paintball companies, but always refused.

i'll stake my well being on a sane industry thank you very much!

you guys are brave men, very brave to make a living in the most non-rational and ridiculous industries i have ever seen. and yes, i used to work in medical devices ...
    The day job is Instrumentation & Control/Electrical Designer for refining and power. I can afford the folly of starting a paintball business!

Those are some awesome pics!

Josh- that's awesome as well. Whats your companies name and where at in Texas? I lived all over the big state . Actually just got an eyeball Cocker from the guys that used to be eyeball engineering. Now they own a store in Dallas.

hell, Tim, that's not what i imagined you look like. don't ask me why, just had some image that was less, spikey. but that spool is super cool. its actually very practical considering the space it takes.

Weerez - thanks man :-) I want to see pics of that new eyeball cocker now!

Nobody - HAHA! When Max left PPS his double mohawks had to be replaced, I've had the same mohawk for like 6 years now, though it's not as long any more, I wish that pic showed my tool belt that i used to wear, its on my left hip in the pic... The Spool is at my mom's house right now in the barn...my Dad has all his tools on it :-\ It's a great workbench as long as you have a room big enough to stick it in the middle! Hit me up on FB if any of you want, http://www.facebook.com/tim.firpo

i don't do facebook. i'm striving to be the last person on FB. i do miss out on some stuff, but i don't enter into some of the wastelands that encompass FB too.