Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What paintball companies have you worked for and what have you designed

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Why do you assume it has to be code for anything? Perhaps it's exactly what it sounds like. A loader with a dog's face on the front. For the kids.
    it could be code, it could be exactly what you say, a loader that looks like a dog. i know and have talked to Simon enough to know that there are many things he has his fingers in, and he has dealt with many people that in his gearbag could be a new piece of kit that he's testing to hopefully put it out. hell, i saw the Magna loader and the Event goggles before they came out, cause Simon was at the same game and came over to shoot the shit(plus i think i bribed him with some steak). so you never know if the gun he's using, the mask he's wearing, the pack he has on, are loaded with prototypes that could be the next thing that people will want to buy.

so at anytime, Simon can be smiling knowing the truth while watching the masses guess.

Yep, it's pretty rare for me to be playing and NOT be testing a prototype of some sort. In fact I can't remember the last time that happened.

I suspect it's the same for many of us here that work in the industry, and many here that like to Tinker too.

For instance, I played the whole of the UWL at World Cup (and won our division) with a prototype and other than Jack (and the Sandbaggers), one ref, and a couple of guys on my team, very few people noticed. Heck it wasn't until we had finished the final that one guy on my team asked me what I was playing with.

Indeed. I've learned that one does not point out the taped up guns certain people play with. At least not in a loud public fashion.