Thread: Capless Molle 10 rnd carry system - Print your own

Capless Molle 10 rnd carry system - Print your own

Hi All,

I used to play a fair amount of stock class pump a while back and living half way around the world I was frustrated with the limited amount of cap-less carry options available to me, so I designed and made a little something for myself. A cap-less carry system that attaches directly to any Molle compatible webbing & can easily be 3d printed. It uses one column per tube and I endeavoured to make it as simple as possible and with a few suggestions from our gracious host I simplified some more .

There are three files included in the download so you can print whatever best suits your needs:
    Cap-less Friction fit
    Cap-less with webbing/elastic retention
    A combo unit that utilizes both friction and webbing/elastic.

I strongly prefer the friction only units and have had great success with them during testing in the last couple of weeks, but "different strokes for different folks". The friction fit units allow you to just push a full 10 round tube in and a gradual conical taper on the inside retains it with enough friction that I could not shake it out in 5 minutes worth of vigorous shaking. The tube is then removed with a gentle twist and tug. The elastic unit uses a short section of 1" webbing and 4mm elastic cord like those found on barrel socks. It can be assembled with no sewing if you add a thread-through buckle, or with minimal sewing if you prefer a cleaner look. Assembly method is up to you. Files are designed in millimetres and take an average of 2 hours to print on a FDM printer on its highest quality settings.

I hope players find these useful and interesting. If you produce a set of these please chime in with a few pictures and your experience so others might gain from it.

Thanks and enjoy!!

To download files please click the link below. If the link does not work, give me a shout and I'll host it somewhere else.

Molle Capless system.zip

A note on the design and files:
    These designs are being released under the creative commons licence so you are free to produce as many as you'd like for personal use. Please see the included files for more info.
    Last edited by Halo; 04-27-2015 at 09:24 AM.

This is great. Thank you for your work and for sharing it.

Awesome work. They turned out great! Can I use the image on our social media to bring awareness to what you have created?

Thanks Simon. Sure, feel free to share.

Glad you like them Davros. Hope players find these useful.
    Last edited by Halo; 04-27-2015 at 04:09 PM.

Really nice design. Might have to get a few printed to try out.