Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LA Paintball "trade in" program

Certain seems to have underwent quite the overhaul no? A pro player friend said that banner pic is likely Skip Hickey's image, which as I'm sure most of you are aware won't go over well once that's brought to Skip's attention as it's probably NOT authorized by Skip to be used...

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    He's now put up an apology:

Quote Originally Posted by La Paintball Rental
    Dear Paintballers,
    During the last few days, I have advertised a method of purchasing paintball products that has allegedly violated MAP rules. For those of you who do not know, I advertised a used paintball marker, a luxe oled, for $1075 and allowed customers to buy that and trade it in directly for a new marker worth $1500.

This has caused tension with people whose main concern was that I would harm other paintball companies that abide by MAP. Let me be completely clear and say that I had no intention to harm other paintball retailers. The day I changed my website to advertise this method of trading in used paintball markers for new ones, I had sent an email to Macdev letting them know about this, and asked them if it was okay. I told them that if it was not, I would immediately take off that advertisement on my website.

The reason I decided to advertise this method to buy new paintball markers for under MAP, was so that people can see a marker advertised for $1500, but be able to have a way to get it for cheaper. This way, the marker still retains a $1500 advertised value, but becomes more affordable to the public. I know that if this went on, then other paintball retailers would be at a disadvantage if they continued to follow MAP pricing. However, that is the reason I sent an email to Macdev asking them if this could be an okay method of selling markers, which if it was, other paintball retailers would adopt and use it as well, therefore evening out the playing ground.

The reason I am apologizing, is because I should have waited for Macdev's reply before advertising it on my page. I got over excited about this method of selling markers and was eager to put it into action. I am actually kind of glad that I did put up that advertisement even though it meant losing my dealership with Macdev, because people saw a different way of advertising paintball markers that may have had some potential. I wouldn't have known whether it would have worked or not if I had not tried it.

Boy, that's kind of the textbook definition of a not-pology. This guy doesn't seem to truly understand what the problem was, and actively had the intention and goal of subverting MAP. His post reads like some of the pre-teen forum posters at pbnation and techpb that want quality gear for almost no cost. He could very well still lose his other dealership agreements with that attitude.
    Last edited by Unfated33; 05-12-2015 at 08:02 AM.

Probably thought he had a "clever" way to get around the letter of the agreement, and didn't think about what he was doing.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had delusions about the size of the market and a fast food understanding of econ to go with it.

Bet he's a "rules lawyer" at everything he does.