Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LA Paintball "trade in" program

LA Paintball "trade in" program

http://www.lapaintballrental.com/

So... I don't really understand what they're doing here. Sure they may not be violating the letter of the MAP agreement, but won't manufacturers just stop selling them gear?
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Unless he has a large inventory and this is his last *job* before he runs.

Looking forward to hearing the outcome of that...

If that's the case it doesn't seem worth bothering with the trade in pretense.

can't go to the link, work not happy about it.

if this is a trade in your used gun for a discount on a new one, whats crazy about that? shops around here have been doing it for a long time. pretty much the only way to compete with the online retailers.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

It's a little wonky. From what the speculation was, it was "buy a used gun, then immediately trade it in for credit toward a new gun to get a huge price discount". The buyer never takes possession of the used gun, just gets the new gun at used gun pricing. The same used guns get recycled as this continues.

I don't get how the store would make any money on this, unless they're got a source for the new guns at "fell off the back of a truck" pricing. It's all supposedly some loophole in the MAP system, but I can't imagine the manufacturers would have much of a sense of humor about the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    It's a little wonky. From what the speculation was, it was "buy a used gun, then immediately trade it in for credit toward a new gun to get a huge price discount". The buyer never takes possession of the used gun, just gets the new gun at used gun pricing. The same used guns get recycled as this continues.

I don't get how the store would make any money on this, unless they're got a source for the new guns at "fell off the back of a truck" pricing. It's all supposedly some loophole in the MAP system, but I can't imagine the manufacturers would have much of a sense of humor about the whole thing.
    ah, so the "used gun" really need not even exist in order to make the scheme work.

not sure how this idea is profitable, unless the discount is minor.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    ah, so the "used gun" really need not even exist in order to make the scheme work.

not sure how this idea is profitable, unless the discount is minor.
    In fact, the used guns that qualify for the program were listed at the top of the page for sale. The discounts were like $500 off on a Vanquish, but it appears the current page has been changed so you can't see the scheme any longer.

I can't tell if the new scheme is a rental program (you pay ~$200 to own a marker for 6 months) or if it's a layaway plan (you pay ~$200 for 6 straight months and then it's yours).

MacDev already cut them off be it through direct or indirect orders. I believe Planet Eclipse and Empire are following suit soon. The thread is also gone from PbNation which tells me PE or Empire made a call to John perhaps?

Judging by his website, it looked like he probably got some interesting phone calls last night or this morning from everyone affected.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon