Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arduino Autococker board

Arduino Autococker board

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4795641

Quote Originally Posted by trancer23 View Post
    So a few of you crossovers from the Angel forum have already heard about this.

This project started as a replacement board for older angels. But demand was obvious to port it for eblades. Myself and Dirty Engineer have been working on this for months, and its finally to a stage where I thought I would introduce the project to the cocker community publicly.

Background:
    This is an Arduino based, open source, paintball board. The code is universal, with custom board designs to accommodate no longer produced factory boards.

Goals:
    Fully configurable drop in replacement.
    Off the shelf oleds. No proprietary replacement screens

Status/Timeline:
    Currently the angel board is in the second beta hardware stage, with prototypes to testers this month. Eblade is in board design with code complete, first hardware prototype next month.

Features:
    Currently 39 configurable registers including
    Breakbeam/reflective eyes
    Closed/open bolt
    Ramp (shot min, bps threshold)
    Dwell ramping
    FSDO
    Closed bolt parameters to the tenth (sear on, open cycle, open delay, ball in place, etc..)
    Tuning mode with shot graphing
    game timer
    and many more

Enough of that, lets get some pictures.

Eblade first test fit

Shot graphing (for 128x32 oled screen)
    https://youtu.be/TCX-s60CCNg

Menu system (early video)
    https://youtu.be/jhcKd6g5gro

Game Timer
    https://youtu.be/M0W3M8z9UX0

Angel Hardware

Angel Spec -v11 (we are on 17)

Alright, Dayspring and Dirty Engineer. Cool stuff.

Awesome I am super interested in these coming to market finally a modern replacement for the cocker boards.

I have nothing to do with this except finding the post.

But I know we were talking about Arduino boards for paintball in another thread, and saw this.

Insider
    Extremely cool. can we see the code now?
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Opps, sorry Dayspring. Do not know why I assumed your promoting it meant you were involved. You clearly indicated you were quoting someone else.

Regardless, thanks for posting this here, it is pretty excellent stuff. And I am very happy to hear of more examples of people getting Arduino boards to work for paintball purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Davros View Post
    Opps, sorry Dayspring. Do not know why I assumed your promoting it meant you were involved. You clearly indicated you were quoting someone else.

Regardless, thanks for posting this here, it is pretty excellent stuff. And I am very happy to hear of more examples of people getting Arduino boards to work for paintball purposes.
    Thanks for the post! I am trancer23 (pbn wont let me change my name.. thats what i get for picking my screen name 16 years ago)

Jon (Dirty Engineer) and I have started working on this as an offshoot of my angel project. It is all Based on the wonderful GCode project from Gabriel Ricard, although I have re-written substantial portions of the code.

Once the code is stable (one last huge hurdle) I will update my git repository.

thoroughly excited by this project... I cannot wait to get one! I have been dying for an updated eblade board.
    If there is another group of people outside of paintballers who will jump on a bandwagon faster than the speed of light - I have yet to meet them.

The OLED screens for the proto type board showed up yesterday. Here's a quick video showing it through the Eblade window.

With the OLED here I hope to wrap up the board design over the weekend.

The board design is pushing forward. Below is the OshPark render of the current Eagle file.

Now to do a final paper test and send the board out to fab for prototypes.