Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DNA Board alternative?

Insider

DNA Board alternative?

So I'm starting to think Curt has better things to do than build boards these days which is great for him, less great for my project emag.

If I have to go it on my own does anyone have thoughts on what platform I should look into? Assuming I hide it in the hopper and size isn't a big issue do any of the currently popular project boards make sense? Arduino? Raspberry pi? Beagle board? That Intel thing? I've done arduino before but have no idea if there are roadblocks to pushing emag voltage at 20+ cycles per second.

Thanks.

Relays or FETs aren't a big deal.

If you can deal with a single color LED, one of these guys could do you well when mixed with a relay and/or FET for solenoid tripping. They offer more advanced models as well of course, I'm just going for small.. Not that you're worried about small.

Part of the issue is I/O, you may see some lag between ball in breach and eye allowing the solenoid to fire.

Insider
    If you need an Emag board, you don't have to go it alone...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ag-X-Mag-board!!!!!!
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

2xFast

There is no reason that the arduino platform we are currently working on can't be adapted for Emag use. I know waiting suck but we are currently focused on the angel/cocker boards. Once these progress beyond the prototyping stage I would like to look into an emag project as they fit the "legacy" marker ideal we are focusing on. So there is hope. You don't have to go it alone. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

I really respect the legacy love... as a fond user of older guns, this resonates with me. Thank Dirty and Co. for bearing the torch. I will be also eagerly waiting for Viking/Excal boards to show on the roster :P
    If there is another group of people outside of paintballers who will jump on a bandwagon faster than the speed of light - I have yet to meet them.

Quote Originally Posted by TierOneJeff View Post
    ... waiting for Viking/Excal boards to show on the roster :P
    Yes, those are definitely on the roster.

In regards to that, please keep and eye out for dead board and frames for sale as I will need to acquire them to move forward with board layout/design. I haven't seen many emag and aka frame/boards for sale in my usual channels.

I've been debating picking up a project... I will give you the board as I dislike all current options and let it be bricked while you work I will stay in touch.

In terms of frame, the Vik boards typically sat in a tray off the body and not in the frame itself. That's why a lot of the 'Evil Ehm' conversions use Ego/Cyborg/ICD boards so they can go in frame versus in the tray. The tray makes for a tall gun and a lot of dead space.
    Last edited by TierOneJeff; 05-19-2015 at 03:42 PM.
    If there is another group of people outside of paintballers who will jump on a bandwagon faster than the speed of light - I have yet to meet them.

Insider
    Thanks for the input guys. That emag board looks like it would be the smart move for me. I guess I just don't spend enough time on AO.

New ion? I don't really need or particularly want a display. A couple of status LED's are more than enough for me

DirtyEngineer, pardon my ignorance, but what are you working on?

The thread here details it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2xFast View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. That emag board looks like it would be the smart move for me. I guess I just don't spend enough time on AO.

New ion? I don't really need or particularly want a display. A couple of status LED's are more than enough for me

DirtyEngineer, pardon my ignorance, but what are you working on?
    DirtyEngineer's solution will be MUCH better, but running one of those Pro Trinkets could get you going with a 3 color LED and an external FET quickly.