Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tadao gone

Tadao gone

I'm guessing there is increasingly limited reason for aftermarket boards these days, sad to see him close up shop none the less.

http://www.tadaotechnologies.com/

damn, he made really good boards too

I loved the OLED boards for the gen 5 bob long guns, that was like his bread and butter
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

Well, there were all the MacDev owners with limited support for burnt out OLED displays. I think the SR guys had the same issue.

social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I thought he was out of the industry a while ago. I don't know for sure, just what I assumed from the general lack of new development.

Sad to see him officially close doors either way. Will was the most innovative and influential electronics developer in the industry, ever. Everybody else were always playing catch-up.

From what I've heard he's got 2 other businesses doing similar electronics-related stuff and it sounds like he's doing well with them.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by Ydna View Post
    I thought he was out of the industry a while ago. I don't know for sure, just what I assumed from the general lack of new development.

Sad to see him officially close doors either way. Will was the most innovative and influential electronics developer in the industry, ever. Everybody else were always playing catch-up.
    Last thing he did, AFAIK, was to fix the Cocker yakuza boards by turning them into Ebisu boards. Not perfect, but updated code is always nice.

He did, he had a led conversion for the OLED boards. Only did a small run on the LED conversions and stopped making them. Leaving all the OLED board owners (me included) out to dry left a bad taste in my mouth. Especially since I had a Tadao board in every electro I have owned.

so, is he blowing out inventory or anything? I need one more board from him to make all my stuff functional....

I would be very surprised if he had any.

Based on what I've heard I wouldn't hold your breath for much in terms of availability of anything, hardware or code.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon