Thread: Nitro Duck Autococker

Nitro Duck Autococker

Hey gang! I am looking for any/all info on the Nitro Duck Electro Autocockers from the late 90s. I heard they were the most unreliable markers ever made. I have one of the bodies that is currently set up with a CCM pump kit. I'd love to learn or just know what the deal was with them. Besides being a flop of a paintball gun, I also heard there were not too many made either. So I guess I trying to figure out just how rare this body really is, lol I'll try to get a few pics of her up in the next day or 2.

Thanks!
    Weapons of choice: a Sniper & Fuzzy Bunny Slippers!

The flop was the electro-pneumatic conversions, not necessarily the bodies themselves. I believe they used WGP bodies, so a conversion to a sniper is simple. As for rarity/value. Its hard to say.

Insider
    If I recall correctly they were the first "electro-cocker" on the scene but in truth they were only half electro. I think they replaced the 3/4-way with an electronic valve but still relied on the user to trip the sear. I always thought that was a strange choice since the sear was the part that took the most effort, the pneumatics weren't the part that slowed me down on a 'cocker.

The only thing that was special about them was the front block, and presumably some little switch hidden in the grip frame. Keep in mind that by this time the PneuVentures Shocker was on the scene (my first electro circa summer of '97 or '98) and the Angel V6 followed a few months (a year?) after the shocker...THEN I think the NitroDuck showed up. I think the main reason folks bought it was because it was closed bolt and "more accurate" than the angel.

And with that I'm done lurking for the day

Thanks 2x & nobody for ringing in on this.
    Weapons of choice: a Sniper & Fuzzy Bunny Slippers!

Insider
    IIRC they had 2 three way valves to cycle the ram - Clippard solenoids. One was a Normal Open the other Normal Close, each one connected to a different side of the ram. So when they were activated they tripped the ram. Lots of parts and hoses to go with it. A la mode Reflex Cocker.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com