Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMG-68 Need Help for Sunday May 31st, 2015

SMG-68 Need Help for Sunday May 31st, 2015

Hello, all.

There is a magfed only game on May 31st here and I really want to get this SMG-68 I have on long term loan ready for the game. It looks like I need help. I very much want to play a game with this marker for the first time, and if I can use it I can loan my T8.1 pistol to a first timer I am bringing. Very much want this to work.

The pin was not long enough to tirgger modern tanks, so I got a used Milsig On/Off inline ASA. It is near impossible to twist on and off but I eventually manage with a wrench. Plan on using an HPA tnak with a NInja SHP regulator but that has separate issues. Right now the Milsig device got a 20oz CO2 tank on it. The marker cycles and such but the clip latch does not seem to want to move when firing so they clips do not advance.

The clip latch just seems stiff or worn down or something. I can prod it a bit with my finger and eventually that got the clip to advance slightly forward, then I pulled it out manually as I fired. This allowed me to get the clip and some old paint out so now I can disassemble it and clean it, etc.

So anyone know anything about these? Any idea how the clip latch works? Any advice at all? I assume it is a proprietary, gun specific part that cannot be replaced? I just know the clip latch is not moving and does not look or feel right at the moment in terms of its behaviour. Any help welcome and most appreciated.

Here are some photos of the breech area. In the final one I painted an arrow on the image pointing to the clip latch so people can better picture the part I mean.

Thanks.

https://skaro-owncloud.islebee.ca/oc...928e13095f7500

https://skaro-owncloud.islebee.ca/oc...d965e877eb752f

https://skaro-owncloud.islebee.ca/oc...d965e877eb752f

https://skaro-owncloud.islebee.ca/oc...6b12b7f5afe2a0

Quick update: After bathing the clip latch in rubbing alcohol and drying it the performance improved a tiny bit. It was chopping fresh paint consistently and I had to tug on the clip a bit after the first shot to get it to keep going. Technically this is an improvement.

After working on I am worried it is just old. My dream of eliminating someone in a game with an SMG-60/68 seems doomed now. Will keep trying but I have no realistic expectation of having it to go in time for the end of the month game. However, I do want this to be working at some point if possible, so if anyone knows anything about these or has any advice on the matter please advise.

Thanks.

Have you tried contacting Tippmann? I know that they have been bought out and no longer being run buly the family, but there might be someone there that can help you. The only other source i could think would be MCB wnd possibly the Damage Inc. guys.

Nobody, I doubt anyone at Tippmann who works there now heard of an SMG, but I contacted them anyway. You were the second person to point out I might as well try. Hopefully they will get back to me.

A guy named Dan from a place called Bacci Paintball sent an extremely helpfull email and said he may even have time to send me a relevant video later. Asked many people and some info is coming back. Hopefully I can get all the way there.

Bacci is a wealth of older gun info. You can also ask firepro84(he posts here), as i am sure he can help, but its better to go through his site than post or PM him.

As for Tippmann, you would be surprised. I don't know if they purged their staff, but they themselves do have a hell of a warehouse of older parts and might have that one old guy that was there when the guns were new. Like you said, its worth a shot.

Hey I sent them a C3 about a year or two ago and they had all the parts they needed to get it going and it shot awesome. Any time your paintball gun needs an "ignition module" and about 20 other new parts to get it going and the company that made it is able to come thru with the parts and repair its a good day...so you never know what they might have laying around...

Thanks for the direction and encouragement. Tippmann has yet to respond to an email which is normal for a business. If they do not soon though I will try the phone.

It seems it is all about the clip latch (or pawl) now. If Iknew anything about how to take it out or put it in I would go ahead and try tonight. Although maybe using tools right after dialysis is a bad idea. :-)

After that I would clean it. If I can find a small enough spring at a hardware store I might replace the spring but I would be worried about not having any way to know if the spring is too strong or too weak.

Update, Dan from Bacci paintball point me out to this video he made after speaking with me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN-q-mP4G_c

I watched it then removed the clip latch, cleaned it, clean the pin and spring, cleaned the magazine housing. Improvement, but still not really working. Next I will trying obtaining a new spring to see if it helps.

Anyone have a good place to buy springs? Hardware store have kits which may or may not have the size you need.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Davros View Post
    Update, Dan from Bacci paintball point me out to this video he made after speaking with me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN-q-mP4G_c

I watched it then removed the clip latch, cleaned it, clean the pin and spring, cleaned the magazine housing. Improvement, but still not really working. Next I will trying obtaining a new spring to see if it helps.

Anyone have a good place to buy springs? Hardware store have kits which may or may not have the size you need.
    Looks something that you might just cut from ballpoint pen spring?

Hey, that is clever. Think I will try that.