Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Vapor

2014 Vapor

Basically I'm in the market for a new gun since my geo 2 seems to have a new problem the second I fix the one before. In this day and age cheap high ends are common so I was thinking of getting a dm 12 but the vapors are going for even less. My question is did they actually fix the problems or is the bad rep from the first gen actually justified in the 2014 model? Is it worth $300 as a backup?
    My tourney setup: Polished Insight NG_Spire with ramp and Crown SF_14in Dye UL .684-Crossfire 68/4500 with LP spring kit
    My just for fun setup: System-X autococker with CP reg, aftermarket clamping feedneck, WGP internals and flame drop (because I like it hot)_Dye rotor with Virtue Crown 2.5 and Virtue SoftCycle arm_Ninja 48/3000 aluminum tank with Guerrilla Myth reg

I don't believe so. I wouldn't touch a Vapor, and probably not even a DM12

I would get a planet tech to run through the Geo 2 for you. Are you stuck on getting a spool valve gun?

I would just senx it off to an eclipse tech. If your dead set on a spool backup, might consider a Droid. They are going for cheap nowadays. I picked one up recently for my sisters backup, for $210. They are my favorite spool (that I have tried).

Fix the Geo.

What's wrong with it?

bad plan
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I don't believe so. I wouldn't touch a Vapor, and probably not even a DM12

I would get a planet tech to run through the Geo 2 for you. Are you stuck on getting a spool valve gun?
    No I'm not stuck on a spoolie I've considered a jt impulse or an ego 10. My geo needs a new back check I guess I broke the last one when I was replacing the spool pack o rings. If it still gives me problems it's going straight to the PE tech at wicked sports in Tampa. I love my friend's dm8 that's why I was considering a 12 but if you advise against it I won't be buying one. I guess I could always go for a $200 axe if I run out of options. The only problem I have with it is the ergonomics. I can't stand the fore grip.

Well, Nummech has the Fatgrip that could help that ergonomic issue.

Why were you replacing the spool pack orings? Sounds like a case of if it ain't broke, FIX IT.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Why were you replacing the spool pack orings? Sounds like a case of if it ain't broke, FIX IT.
    They were damaged from the previous owner trying to remove the spool pack by poking it out the other side instead of pulling it out with tweezers. I don't know why they did that but it's what they told me happened.
    My tourney setup: Polished Insight NG_Spire with ramp and Crown SF_14in Dye UL .684-Crossfire 68/4500 with LP spring kit
    My just for fun setup: System-X autococker with CP reg, aftermarket clamping feedneck, WGP internals and flame drop (because I like it hot)_Dye rotor with Virtue Crown 2.5 and Virtue SoftCycle arm_Ninja 48/3000 aluminum tank with Guerrilla Myth reg

I look forward to dealing with that crap.

:supermegahugedodgy: