Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just turned 21 what should I go drink :]

Just turned 21 what should I go drink :]

Suggestions?

I've had a lot of stuff but mainly standard stuff. Never been in a liquor store for long.

Sad though no more birthdays to look forward too :/

Congratulations!

Well since it's my drink of choice... a Gin and Tonic. Bombay Sapphire Gin, Schweppes tonic, and lemon, not lime. Don't over do the ice or the gin (correct proportions are important for the right flavour )

awesome, will try

Happy birthday!

I'll agree with Simon if it is a hot summer day, a gin and tonic is both tasty and refreshing.

My general go to drink tends to be a white russian though, along with some of its variations.

Ok cool will definately try the gin and tonic tonight at Colbys

Long Island Ice Tea - if you get a good bartender, it won't have any taste of alcohol and after the 2nd/3rd you will now that the world is alright

snakebite/rattlesnake - 50/50 Yukon Jack and lime juice. its a little bitter, but its great sipping drink. they will hit you hard.

buttery nipples - Butterscotch Schnaps with Bailey's floating in it. its a girly drink but it will loosen the ladies up fast.

Mohito - Sam Axe(Burn Notice) drinks them and so can you.

but in all honesty, ask a bartender they suggest and what your tastes are. they are generally professionals and will make you happy, so they get your money.

and make sure if you aren't home, use a DD. don't let your first time drinking, be your last.

:] party is still going strong but at Kobe I order several mojitos and gin and tonics.

Let me say there gin was strong.

Supports Inception Designs
    If you're still partying and looking for good recipes to try, let me suggest a few of my favorites that I love...most are classic cocktails that most bartenders should know and a couple are newer ones that are great for shots and whatnot, enjoy!

'Perfect Manhattan' - 2oz makers mark, 1/2oz sweet vermouth, 1/2oz dry vermouth...shaken with ice, strain into martini glass, add maraschino cherry juice

Blood and Sand - 3/4oz blended scotch, 3/4oz cherry heering (cherry brandy), 3/4oz sweet vermouth, 3/4oz orange juice...shaken with ice, strain into martini glass, garnish with flamed orange zest.

Sour & Seven or Seven & Seven - 1 part Segrams 7 and either 2 part lemon/lime soda or 2 part sweet and sour mix...both variations are good.

Black/White Russian - 2oz vodka, 1oz coffee liquer (khalua)...layer in rocks glass over ice...add 1oz cream to make White Russian

Kamikaze - 1 part vodka, 1 part cointreau, 1 part lime juice...shake with ice, strain over ice in rocks glass garnish with lime slice (or strain into shot glasses)

Liquid Cocaine - 1 part 151°, 1 part jaegermeister, 1 part goldschlager...shaken with ice, shot glass

Apple Pie - 1 part apple pucker, 1 part fireball cinnamon whiskey...stir with ice in rocks glass

I know I have more but these are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Insider
    IIRC my friends fed me Red Bull & Vodkas, and Jaeger Bombs my 21st... and the party lasted LATE into the night... following day there were no hangovers and we went tubing with cases of cheap light beer... and it was awesome. Holy crap it was 10 years ago.

Damn whipper snappers.

Jack and coke........done!