Thread: Kindly paging Jack Wood, replacement/repair parts question

Kindly paging Jack Wood, replacement/repair parts question

Hi Jack,

My oldest son told me last night he's got a Geo 2.1 ("Poison" colors, I believe) on the way to him... with a destroyed frame. And POPS. I don't know how the last guy did that... I get the frame, but to kill a POPS? I'm worried that the board is going to be useless as well, and maybe other bits as well. He's got a heck of a project on his hands.

Is there a "best practices" way of replacing these, or is it best to go through one of the retailers? I don't have any idea where to even start with this for him, and I'm not quite sure he does, either.

Thanks in advance!

Ben

If the frame is twisted and the board is not ruined then that was divine intervention.

Supports Inception Designs
    Seen the bent frame with an ok board a couple times, its rare but it happens.

As for getting it repaired the best thing to do would be contact a PE warranty center near you if there is one. otherwise contact PE tech support in Rhode Island and they should still have the frames available as well as pops pieces. I want to say the frames are something like $88 retail? not sure on pops parts though.

Kind of what I was thinking, too. We're friendly with the closest PE service center anyway, so that'll be good.

Even better is that he's not thinking "flip for a profit", he just needed a project gun.

Supports Inception Designs
    The only thing would be that you may not be able to get the proper colored frame, most of the old frames for those markers that are left are plain black or some of the odd rare colors. PE repair spots don't always have things like frames (I know I don't) but the full fledged service/warranty centers like Mountain View Paintball in LA, Cousins in NY, etc usually have a larger selection of parts on hand and more of the odd/spendy things like frames/boards/noids/etc...

I'd forgotten (rather, didn't realize they were a PE center) about Mountain View. Chris has hooked me up with a number of things lately, and is a good dude.

call up AA here in the cities, i bet they have a spare frame laying around.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.