Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simon, you're such a tease.. (Inception Frames)

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTheWookie View Post
    Don't get too excited yet, this is a long process, and we are the beginning of it. It has blown my mind how much work has been needed to put these frames into production. More than I expected. There are several major steps along the way that have to fall into place, and I have some ideas and concepts that means we are unlikely to be copying how other frames were done in the past. The innovation is usually what takes longer, but I think there is a better solution than we have seen in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
    Are you including internals with the frames? Will these use the same style plate as the Resurrection? I really hope that's the case.

This is such great news to me. I've been debating which frames to permanently leave on my Inception cockers and now it's a no-brainer.

So there are two different styles (90* and 45*), right? Or am I just seeing things?
    My plan is to have frames with internals. They are designed to use the same or similar components to the Empire Sniper and Empire Resurrection. I have had an order in with KEE for the internal parts since Mar 10th and still no idea when they will arrive (you are familiar with that from our emails). I am also moving forwards with making those parts myself (well actually subbing them out as I don't have the right machines) so we will have a solution.

Until then we will likely offer the frames with out parts (so you can change a Resurrection or Sniper to an 86* frame if you want) or just to be different.

I prefer sliders so can't wait to be able to simply put a frame onto my Empire Sniper

I thought the holes in the frames reassembled those on the Resurrection frames. It's exciting to see that trigger system being adapted to standard cockers. I really feel in love with it after switching out the springs.

Lets say you cannot get the Empire parts (or your own parts made) before the frames are ready. If we buy your frames will we get those parts from you when they are available? Or will the price of the frames just increase when they come fully loaded?

Any chance the frames will have a trigger stop so the length of the pull can be adjusted? That's a huge feature that's missing on most slide frames, and half of those frames use a pre-travel stop which changes the height/angle of the sear (which can lead to hammer slip). A post-travel trigger stop is really the gold standard and it would be nice to see that on your slide frames.

Are you including internals with the frames? Will these use the same style plate as the Resurrection? I really hope that's the case.

This is such great news to me. I've been debating which frames to permanently leave on my Inception cockers and now it's a no-brainer.

So there are two different styles (90* and 45*), right? Or am I just seeing things?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Yes, Simon is planning on a 86? & 45? frames both in slider & pivot, if i am not mistaken. This has me seriously wanting one. Maybe i should go dumpster diving for a blem body at the Inception Designs world headquarters.
    Just to be nitpicky, the only 45* frame I'm aware of is a Z-frame (it's close, anyway). A 45 frame is a frame with the same general geometry as the grip on a Colt 45. A 45* frame would be awkward as all get out.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Just to be nitpicky, the only 45* frame I'm aware of is a Z-frame (it's close, anyway). A 45 frame is a frame with the same general geometry as the grip on a Colt 45. A 45* frame would be awkward as all get out.
    Til

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    I'm well aware of that buddy. I should have written ".45". Shall we write home about it? lol

I'm well aware of that buddy. I should have written ".45". Shall we write home about it? lol
    What you do on your time ain't my business.

To that point, this might be the closest I'm aware of to a 45 degree frame. And I've always thought it looked uncomfortable myself.

I had taken to calling them 72º frames. or 72.5º. or whatever...