Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Automag question for the mag users here

Automag question for the mag users here

I picked up an eclipse micromag splash kit.

I was wondering what all was needed for an automag?

I have the eclipse parts kit and a nice chrome minimag body but thats all lol.

I know I need a valve and a trigger but I'm not sure about all the small parts. Do you happen to have a list?
    also should I go with the classic valves or xvalve? I don't speak mag but it was too pretty to resist and impulse buy.

X valve for certain.

I used to have an Eclipse splash mag and I loved that gun.

BigEvil would actually be a better person to help you with that kind of mag situation these days. I know he builds and repairs guns for a lot of people. I bet he could hook you up with all the parts. You need. maybe turn this into a build thread, post what you have (with pics) and we'll work out what you need.

ok will do should be fun!

I may build a sovereign as well if funds allow!

I should never had sold my sovereign.

They have a special on them now.

Powerball sov is now a forum sponsor on custom cockers and I think they are unloading sov3s (differences I think are centerfeed, alluminum frame, new lpr, spyder threads etc) for 300 plus shipping.

I was going to build one until I found out a sov threaded barrel for the old style cost half what the new ones sell for.

What forum would you like me to put a build thread in? it will be several days before it arrives but Ill keep it in mind.

This forum works for gun build threads.

Ok fun stuff

Insider
    So, pics of all that you have for the 'Mag - I am tempted to build mine up again. Still runs, bought it in '92 or so, and you might provide inspiration to get mine back together.

Im waiting on it to get here.

its a complete kit for a minimag.

but it has the barrel, foregrip, rails and the ring thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by weerez935 View Post
    Im waiting on it to get here.

its a complete kit for a minimag.

but it has the barrel, foregrip, rails and the ring thingy.
    Did you get a grip frame with it? The complete kits had a barrel, grip frame, a rail, a site rail, fore grip, duck bill asa, and the velocity lock. To complete a gun, you will need an automag/minimag sear, a valve, (X, RT, Retro, Classic) and a twist lock body of some sorts.

I can definitely help you with getting it all together.
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.