Thread: Standard paintball sizings for things

Standard paintball sizings for things

So I've finally got off my butt and worked my way through the Solidworks tutorials, but now I'm stuck figuring out sizings for stuff. Specifically, what's the standard inner/outer sizing on a hopper feedneck? 18mm seems fairly standard for the inside of a paintball tube of whatever description, but is that what's normally used?

Currently messing about with a hopper concept.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Insider
    A LOT of the sizes for things are driven by o-ring sizes. At least on the internal moving bits. Paintball sizing is a bit different, we often have a looser tolerance. But the ID/OD is pretty much driven by the ANSI specs.

I have liked your other stuff - would love to see a hopper!
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by vijil View Post
    standard inner/outer sizing on a hopper feedneck
    Hrm, how to put this nicely...

lol?

Edit: on a serious note, our adjustable feedneck has an unadjusted ID of 1.05". Seems to accommodate most modern hoppers well enough, but getting the adjustment correct was a bit tricky.
    Last edited by PBSteve; 12-03-2015 at 12:29 AM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

mmk so about 27mm ish for the outside... inside is 18mm ok? I can't find my hoppers (in storage somewhere...) else I'd check.

Yeah, I'm a tinkerer, going to experiment with longer, lower hopper designs. Same capacity though so not exactly pinokio.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Insider
    Edit: on a serious note, our adjustable feedneck has an unadjusted ID of 1.05". Seems to accommodate most modern hoppers well enough, but getting the adjustment correct was a bit tricky.
    We did the same, we went with a 26mm id (turns out to be about 1.024") but getting it to be correctly adjustable is a bit of a pain. Depends on the type, but a little throw goes a long way.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Yeah, 18mm ID would be fine... just needs to be big enough to get paint through. Too big and you might run into stack clipping, but 18 seems like a good number.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    If paintball can't get through an 18mm hole it won't feed into most guns or breeches. If you go a tad larger then you are not the 'weakest' link in the chain to supply a ball to the gun.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Ok, will go with 18 and 26 for now. Sweet. Will make a project thread soon, this isn't anything I need to worry about IP for.