Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Inception Feednecks ?

I have an at-85 in the back of the shop that shoots awesome but is sans a working mag....I really wish the mags were more available and cheaper...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    ATS i believe is still in business, or at least the owner still owns the rights.

They are fascinating guns, but are incredibly fragile. Air passages are tiny and because the lowers are cast/molded, had to work with. The biggest problem are the mags. The ingenious claw system likes round paint and no debris or paint. The claws are like 18g metal and though the chain drive is very reliable, it is a delicate balance that again; paint, grit, dirt. You could argue that it was the first force feed system, but that is another debate. Also, the mags are very brittle which ties the whole system together.

Other than that, they are wonderful guns
    http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...l-closing.html
    endeavor to persevere.......

Insider
    Ah.....at-85 in style. This is the 21st century. I remember when the the ATS came out, that is woefully old tech.

But, low loader layout right at the front, a smaller uberloader or something right where the grip goes to feed up into an inline spool or similar? Would be nice.

The loader being on top has never bothered me, I just look thru it like its not there.

endeavor to persevere.......

OK, so I am working on our minimalistic "universal" feedneck.

I am going to make it come with threaded stubs for different guns.

So far I have

* ICD/SP/Empire

* Angel - for this I have M21 X 0.75 6g as the thread. Is there a certain height I need to allow for in order to clear on Angels or can I make it as low as the stub I did for SP and Axe threads?

Any other threaded stubs I should offer for different guns? Should we offer different height stubs for anything?

Thanks

Angels have to clear the breech as it rotates out, I have an 06 Gat that is in pieces (and will most likely never use), I can send you the body, breech and stock feedneck to measure if you want.
    Last edited by evil_racecocker; 03-15-2016 at 08:04 PM.

Knowing how high the bottom of the feedneck (where it gets wider) has to be above the end of the threads would be very useful. Thank you.

What about Dye guns? I don't know how big the market would be, but if you just need to stock a few of the threaded stubs, it might be worth your while.

Dye definitely comes to mind. I'm pretty sure luxes are threaded too. I like this project!

How about some 'blank' ones with longer feed necks so I can do my Xmag breech mods
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.