Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Inception Feednecks ?

Just for the sake of repeating myself, cap paint and let the guns loose.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    Might have become the peak of usable loader ability. The tech, IMO, continues to improve.

What fries my mind is that the pros go out there with tech that's capable of 25+ balls per second, both on the guns and the loaders, and could be outshot in pure rate of fire by someone who knows what they're doing with a good mechanical Cocker.
    the true solution to "the loader problem" is to integrate the gun and the loader.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I get where you're coming from with that, but at the same time part of me thinks ... gross.

IDK, might just be inertia talking.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

I do prefer to "over load" a gun, especially blind guns, so i would put a spire onto a pump.

I am all for either limited paint or even limited loader. With eyes, it doesn't matter how fast can shoot, you are limited to the speed of the loader. You can shoot 20+bps, yet the gun/loader can only physically shoot low teens. Instant game leveler.

The reality is that different electronic guns with eyes will shoot at significantly different rates of fire even with the same loader because they have different bolt cycle times and that is the major component in the timing cycle. Most loaders load faster than the time the bolt takes to be activated, go forwards, and come back. If you want to control rof to be the same the only way to do it is at the gun.

Integrating the loader and the gun IS the right solution. Welcome to my life 20 years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I do prefer to "over load" a gun, especially blind guns, so i would put a spire onto a pump.
    I run my Z2 on my Resurrection, simply because I've out-shot my Revvy. Darn thing cycles pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Integrating the loader and the gun IS the right solution. Welcome to my life 20 years ago...
    I'd still love to have a DFender in the arsenal, just can't spring for one right now. Hopefully G-KEE-I doesn't discontinue them before I can snag one. I can always find one used, but I think that gun is more promising and valuable than it's gotten credit for.

The axe is pretty perfect for a dye box style loader, or whatever that thing's called

Insider
    I have played around with an idea for the ATS-85 style loader to intergrate with a gun - the Axe/Mini would work well as a base.

Think it would work well on the Paragon platform?

Last edited by pbjosh; 12-10-2015 at 11:23 AM.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    I have played around with an idea for the ATS-85 style loader to intergrate with a gun - the Axe/Mini would work well as a base.

Think it would work well on the Paragon platform?

I see this and wonder why there isn't a magfed TM-15. Man I loved that thing. Who owns the IP for the ATS stuff these days?
    If there is another group of people outside of paintballers who will jump on a bandwagon faster than the speed of light - I have yet to meet them.

ATS i believe is still in business, or at least the owner still owns the rights.

They are fascinating guns, but are incredibly fragile. Air passages are tiny and because the lowers are cast/molded, had to work with. The biggest problem are the mags. The ingenious claw system likes round paint and no debris or paint. The claws are like 18g metal and though the chain drive is very reliable, it is a delicate balance that again; paint, grit, dirt. You could argue that it was the first force feed system, but that is another debate. Also, the mags are very brittle which ties the whole system together.

Other than that, they are wonderful guns