Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Inception Feednecks ?

Inception Feednecks ?

Simon any plans to make feednecks, at least to fit Empire guns ?

http://violentseries.com/low-proclam...l-axemini.aspx

I notice the Violent low pro seems to be out of stock.

Not a fan of the stock Axe ones (sorry, I think you may have designed it).
    endeavor to persevere.......

The stock neck on the standard Axe may be functional, but it's hideous. The upgrade one featured on the Vanquish/Resurrection/Sniper/etc is much, much nicer.

Not sure there's much of a margin on feed necks these days, though.

No, he hates the Universal Feedneck. I know him, sold him one and nicely told me that he hates it. For some reason, he wants everything slammed to the body. But, Simon will chime in soon on it.

First time I've ever heard anyone not liking that neck.

I get the idea of going lower, although in my own experience, I've found that feed reliability when the hopper is that low to the gun is diminished. Probably no need for the "smoke stack" super high rises of the 2000-era, but what's out there is that height for a reason.

Anyway, there should be other options out there, though. CCM at least used to make Ion threaded super-low necks. LAPCO did as well. The result I got looking for Violent was "call for availability".

most of the newer stuff has the stub built into the body and cant use the ultra lo profile threaded necks

Most of the guns with the stub built into the body, actually have the feedneck lower than ones that threaded in.

The difference in height between where the hopper sat with the old Empire Nano feedneck and using the universal feedneck on the same gun was 0.08" The top of the feedneck was higher though as it held all hoppers on the full amount of their feedneck where as the Nano only held the bottom. The nano looked weird with an uncut hopper feedneck, but did allow you to cut the feedneck and go shorter if you wanted.

We have been looking at doing our own universal feedneck, making it as low as possible, but I can't decide if we should hold all of the hopper feedneck, or go low like the Nano?

Thoughts?

All of the hopper, haven't broken a feedneck since the day of my Vlocity and the CCM no-pro's, no desire to start again.

I about lost my mind... and DID lose my hopper, snapped the plastic in mid-game... back in the day with one of those super-stubby CCM necks on the A1 I had for a while. I picked up some generic Ion neck that almost color matched, simply because I knew the threads were close and it'd hold an entire hopper neck securely. The height of the Resurrection neck is, to me, ideal, as it grips the entire neck on the hopper securely.

I don't see a need to go low. I think at some point you really don't gain anything, as a ball that would have hit the hopper just hits your mask anyway. A super low hopper can kind of start to get in the way of sighting down the side of the gun. And as you know a lot of the hoppers have Al reinforcement, which makes it difficult to cut them down anyway.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Full feedneck. I have one of the original empire nano necks on my Alias - it feels weird to put my Spire/Rotor on it.

Speaking of which - what can I swap that neck out for?