Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Inception Feednecks ?

Adapter for WGP SR/Trilogy SF feed necks would be awesome.

Geez, and this is in Insiders... I know a BUNCH of Angel guys who want a decent feed neck. They'll be so excited eventually!

i wouldnt go crazy making a bunch of different ones, maybe do ion/sp, dye and then sell a "blank" one with a 1" stub that people can cut down and thread for whatever application they need...

Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    What about Dye guns? I don't know how big the market would be, but if you just need to stock a few of the threaded stubs, it might be worth your while.
    We won't be stocking just a few of anything, that's a great way to lose money unfortunately. What we will be doing is have multiple options come with the feedneck as standard in the hope it expands the market they can be sold into.

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    Dye definitely comes to mind. I'm pretty sure luxes are threaded too. I like this project!
    Luxe are SP/ICD thread right? What thread are DYE guns? I don't own a single DYE gun...

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    How about some 'blank' ones with longer feed necks so I can do my Xmag breech mods
    Send me the dimensions you need. There is no way it will come stock with all of the feednecks but it may be possible to make it out of one of the other options I am doing as stock, or design it up so you can get some made.

Are AGD ULE bodies Angel threaded? I take it people would want the shortest stub possible for those?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Engineer View Post
    Adapter for WGP SR/Trilogy SF feed necks would be awesome.
    How are they threaded? Pictures or tech info would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    Geez, and this is in Insiders... I know a BUNCH of Angel guys who want a decent feed neck. They'll be so excited eventually!
    I was going to ask in the PBNation Angel forum, feel free to share it there and ask the same question. EDIT: I just went and made a post there.

Quote Originally Posted by pote View Post
    i wouldnt go crazy making a bunch of different ones, maybe do ion/sp, dye and then sell a "blank" one with a 1" stub that people can cut down and thread for whatever application they need...
    Agreed on not having too many. The stubs themselves are a cheap part so having a few extra isn't too much of an issue. I am not sure many people would cut down and thread a stub would they? Certainly not enough to warrant putting it in every package? I have no problem providing the files for someone that wanted to make their own though.

Solid placement of that thread, Simon. They were literally just talking about feed necks in the APS-OT.

AGD ULEs are Angel threaded. Same as on every single WDP angel feedneck. The ones I need were the CCM Angel threaded ones with the high rise stem on them that the Angels needed to clear the breech when you open it. I would cut the threads off and modify the rest of it. I could get dims for you.
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Luxe are SP/ICD thread right? What thread are DYE guns? I don't own a single DYE gun...
    I don't know for sure about the luxe. The dye feednecks are custom according to this: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...k-threads.html I'm sure someone at dye will give you the exact spec... I actually thought I'd seen them on Ydna's page or on the threads thread on pbnation, but couldn't find it.

Insider
    Will the nub be sniper spec? ASKING FOR STANDARDIZATION REASONS
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Are AGD ULE bodies Angel threaded? I take it people would want the shortest stub possible for those?
    They are. As well as most after market bodies. One of the areas where getting nice low sitting feed neck is little hard are bodies like karta, cord, ripper, phoenix..etc. where the feed neck needs to reach little deeper, see the picture below.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    AGD ULEs are Angel threaded. Same as on every single WDP angel feedneck. The ones I need were the CCM Angel threaded ones with the high rise stem on them that the Angels needed to clear the breech when you open it. I would cut the threads off and modify the rest of it. I could get dims for you.
    Dimensions would be important.

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    I don't know for sure about the luxe. The dye feednecks are custom according to this: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...k-threads.html I'm sure someone at dye will give you the exact spec... I actually thought I'd seen them on Ydna's page or on the threads thread on pbnation, but couldn't find it.
    Typical DYE... I am trying to find more info on their threading spec. If anyone comes across anything I would greatly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    Will the nub be sniper spec? ASKING FOR STANDARDIZATION REASONS
    Of course. I really believe we should standardize where possible. I am already getting frustrated with the guys left at KEE/Empire as they have moved away from some areas that should be standard and/or completely fucked up tolerances on a bunch of things. They simply don't have the QC staff or engineers anymore to keep an eye on it. They are going to mess it up for a lot of others too.

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    They are. As well as most after market bodies. One of the areas where getting nice low sitting feed neck is little hard are bodies like karta, cord, ripper, phoenix..etc. where the feed neck needs to reach little deeper, see the picture below.

Again, dimensions would help. I can't do 3 or 4 Angel stubs. 2 would be the max, so we need to work out what heights.