Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Inception Feednecks ?

Insider
    Our feedneck turned out considerably smaller in size than the Nano - and they fit the Empire and other KEE style notched necks.

Simple and clean. We could add a threaded bit so they can go into other guns. We are willing to make the CAD open.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

The Empire feedneck in that photo is not the original Nano feedneck.
    Last edited by Simon; 12-03-2015 at 10:14 PM.

Insider
    Nani? Ha! No, it was one I picked up a couple years after, with the adapter to fit the Mini/Axe(?) that were threaded. I am not sure the detail, just that it was the Nano.

Edit: This one?

Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post

We have been looking at doing our own universal feedneck, making it as low as possible, but I can't decide if we should hold all of the hopper feedneck, or go low like the Nano?

Thoughts?
    Low pro like the Nano gets my vote.

Minimalist .

Threaded.

I believe the Nano's and Violent feednecks are ICD threaded ?

They work on some Angel threaded Automag bodies with low enough milling in the feedneck area too.
    endeavor to persevere.......

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Nani? Ha! No, it was one I picked up a couple years after, with the adapter to fit the Mini/Axe(?) that were threaded. I am not sure the detail, just that it was the Nano.

Edit: This one?

Yes, that is the original low profile Nano feedneck.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Low pro like the Nano gets my vote.

Minimalist .

Threaded.

I believe the Nano's and Violent feednecks are ICD threaded ?

They work on some Angel threaded Automag bodies with low enough milling in the feedneck area too.
    It doesn't make any sense for us to do a one piece threaded feedneck as I would never ever again do a gun body with a threaded feedneck.

The only way we would do it is with threaded stubs and that will always mean it is slightly higher as the feedneck needs a lip to grab onto.

I will also say that the Ressy feedneck is just about perfect. I don't like the Nano-style ones. On top of breaking hoppers more easily, there's less surface area gripping the hopper, so you have tighten them more to hold it securely.

I liked the original nano and it never caused me any issues. Not sure if anything has ever been as low as the early BL marqs though. Unfortunately, I think aesthetics matter a lot for a feedneck and probably more than the height. The original axe and mini feednecks needed replacing for functional and aesthetic reasons.

Simon, just make something that looks cool and is toolless adjustment and it'll be great IMO.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    We have been looking at doing our own universal feedneck, making it as low as possible, but I can't decide if we should hold all of the hopper feedneck, or go low like the Nano?

Thoughts?
    I like them low, makes the gun look better. Hopper feednecks I keep uncut though.

The nano was the only way to go on the super fle axe build, everything else looked huge compared to the shortened body

Quote Originally Posted by pote View Post
    The nano was the only way to go on the super fle axe build, everything else looked huge compared to the shortened body
    I used the Axe with Vicious feedneck Saturday, the whole neck of the hopper was in the feedneck, not sure how it could break off.

Besides if you are still using an old plastic body loader its time for a Spire my friend.

Too bad about not making a one piece feedneck Simon, thats one of the things I hate about the Empire feednecks, that and they are gargantuan .

endeavor to persevere.......