Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neridan? Sherison? Nelson/Sherison combo idea

Supports Inception Designs

Neridan? Sherison? Nelson/Sherison combo idea

So I started thinking about this the other day and drew this up at lunch the last few days at work.

Standard sheridan stacked tube design with a Nelson style asa and gas tube design.

Figure it would work well as a true magfed bolt action /underfed anything without the need for external airlines.

Hammer moves rearward as in the normal nelson design and moving bolt forward cocks the gun.

Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Insider
    Uhhh....

It looks like the bolt pulls the hammer forward, as the bolt moves forward, right? But, um, then the bolt is forward when you release the hammer it will still be stuck on the bolt, since the pin is still on the hammer, holding it forward?

I am missing something, right?
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

In the case of a bolt-action gun, you can have the pin rotate up and out of the hammer groove when you push the bolt lever forward and then down. Is that what's supposed to happen?

didnt rainman make pump kitted rainmakers?
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    didnt rainman make pump kitted rainmakers?

I dont know what it is about rainmakers.. always drew my eye.
    If there is another group of people outside of paintballers who will jump on a bandwagon faster than the speed of light - I have yet to meet them.

Isn't that exactly what a sterling is? Stack tubed Sheridan but nelson bolt and powertube?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Isn't that exactly what a sterling is? Stack tubed Sheridan but nelson bolt and powertube?
    Your right sterlings are stack tubed Nelsons and so are rainmakers as well. Layout is bit different between them but yea they are essentially this.

Quote Originally Posted by TierOneJeff View Post
    I dont know what it is about rainmakers.. always drew my eye.
    They're hilarious to shoot. Slow to cycle, unique sound, and odds are solid if you take one out to play, you'll be the only one using one on any given day at your field.

they are so much fun to shoot. the cycle is SO LONG
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.