Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So lets talk masks... NEW?

All that work to integrate GPS and they still don't have the bottom of the ears attaching to the mask to prevent the annoying gap, gah!

Supports Inception Designs
    I like the direction but, I have a couple reservations with the mask itself:

I don't personally feel that fishbowl style lenses are necessary- I've never noticed a difference between off center views between my Dye I4s and a JT Spectra lens. But, I do know that such lenses effectively limit one's ability to camouflage (i.e. no Goggleskinz) and such a huge lens will pose a challenge in this regard.

I don't like the soft ear designs (and the gap Gadget mentions).

While the video or press-releases don't mention it, I hope that it is easily removable for cleaning.

I find it encouraging that the software is based on an open SDK and that it runs on android. This could allow the user community to develop apps for specific purposes.

While I don't see much applicability for recreational walk-on play, I hope that it gets supported by scenarios (particularly large format ones), with maps / objective-related information. In the Recon Instruments press release, they talk about ammo counts, field maps and teammate information being available. I'm wondering if this is to take advantage of potential future connectivity to guns via bluetooth that could provide a shot count and other device information (i.e. air system current pressure, gun/loader battery levels, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by UV Halo View Post

While I don't see much applicability for recreational walk-on play, I hope that it gets supported by scenarios (particularly large format ones), with maps / objective-related information. In the Recon Instruments press release, they talk about ammo counts, field maps and teammate information being available. I'm wondering if this is to take advantage of potential future connectivity to guns via bluetooth that could provide a shot count and other device information (i.e. air system current pressure, gun/loader battery levels, etc).
    Empire has already come out and said they have bluetooth enabled guns and hoppers to work with this...
    If there is another group of people outside of paintballers who will jump on a bandwagon faster than the speed of light - I have yet to meet them.

Empire pro teams are going high tech! But I doubt it'll make a significant impact on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    Empire pro teams are going high tech! But I doubt it'll make a significant impact on the game.
    I doubt it is useful at all as far as tournament paintball is concerned. The real market value for it if any has to be in the scenario scene you can just do so much more with it.