Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So lets talk masks... NEW?

So lets talk masks... NEW?

So since we were talking masks (Pinokio)...

http://www.engadget.com/2016/01/06/recon-paintball-hud/

Looks like Empire is going big.
    If there is another group of people outside of paintballers who will jump on a bandwagon faster than the speed of light - I have yet to meet them.

Damn - beat me to it.

And I do believe I had this idea in the whole "bluetooth/board" discussion we had.

This project was started in 2012 (when I was still there).

I wonder how many will pay the price, and if there is enough value for those that will, if they are the only one in their group with it...

I always had a lot of reservations about it. You will end up paying $550 ish for the mask and HUD. I wouldn't pay that for it.

I do like the way the lens ended up looking, but it's very SLYesque especially with the ears and foam too.

$550 is far FAR too steep for me. Other problems I'm seeing with it so far is that it appears to be quite a bit smaller in the mask area than the E-Flex. I won't give up coverage for the "new hotness" factor. I can't really tell if this is a modular type mask like the E-Flex is... if it is, there's hope for a larger lower.

I'm also not keen to walk away from the Vents lens, which I really like. My whole family runs Vents lens masks in one form or another.

I just keep thinking of this as the Empire I4.

The HUD technology is neat and all that, but I think they're not going to move many full setup versions. I'm sure people will buy the "base" model plenty, though.

How does it do the field layout?

I wouldn't be surprised if field layouts have to be uploaded, which would diminish usefulness (field owners would have to create maps and publish them). I would be more interested in a lens projection that highlighted and tracked movement (think missile lock-on or terminator targeting), but the camera required would probably be prohibitively expensive.

im prolly going to buy one just to have it but yea the base mask would be a much needed update to the e-flex/event line and i can see selling a bunch of them

Looks pretty sharp.

I like where they are going at that price it is a little iffy. New tech takes a while to catch on like this I feel.

If every major scenario would put up field layouts and stuff like objective points that the hud would allow you to gain access to it would go a huge way in improving the scenario game, make it keep up with live action video gaming a bit more.

the only thing I cant understand is why they dont do a heads up hopper board. Especially a proph you have a whole block that is infront of your screen instead of a little bitty hud display in the corner of your eye. a hopper screen could do a ton of things.
    Last edited by Florypb505; 01-06-2016 at 11:20 PM.