Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So lets talk masks... NEW?

A hopper HUD makes a lot more sense. You also wouldn't need the extra Bluetooth remote since there's enough room to put controls right there. This might be my project for the summer. I already have miniature Arduino clones and an OLED display. I just need a Prophecy.

Kind of doubt it will sell well.....
    endeavor to persevere.......

Quote Originally Posted by Florypb505 View Post
    Looks pretty sharp.

I like where they are going at that price it is a little iffy. New tech takes a while to catch on like this I feel.

If every major scenario would put up field layouts and stuff like objective points that the hud would allow you to gain access to it would go a huge way in improving the scenario game, make it keep up with live action video gaming a bit more.

the only thing I cant understand is why they dont do a heads up hopper board. Especially a proph you have a whole block that is infront of your screen instead of a little bitty hud display in the corner of your eye. a hopper screen could do a ton of things.
    That was the goal of the Prophect, and why it had the removeable back plate and quick change rear board set up.

The first step was the LTD board made in conjunction with Hater, but it was such a failure that it put a stop to doing anything more complex with hoppers for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    That was the goal of the Prophect, and why it had the removeable back plate and quick change rear board set up.

The first step was the LTD board made in conjunction with Hater, but it was such a failure that it put a stop to doing anything more complex with hoppers for a while.
    That's interesting. I can see why no one really bought the Ltd upgrade though. It did a bunch of adjustments but you really didn't need to do any adjustments to the proph and didn't the upgrade cost like half the price of the loader?

Seemed like a waste with cash verse what it did. They didn't even include it on the z2 o figured of the adjustability was real useful it would have been integrated in wouldn't ir?

Quote Originally Posted by Florypb505 View Post
    That's interesting. I can see why no one really bought the Ltd upgrade though. It did a bunch of adjustments but you really didn't need to do any adjustments to the proph and didn't the upgrade cost like half the price of the loader?

Seemed like a waste with cash verse what it did. They didn't even include it on the z2 o figured of the adjustability was real useful it would have been integrated in wouldn't ir?
    The adjustments allowed you to shoot more fragile paint, reliably, than any other loader when used correctly.

The Z2 included the same adjustments (and more) but the customer wasn't told about them intentionally, because the market place just wanted simple "put it on your gun and play". It wasn't unusual to adjust a players loader to work with their equipment or paint in the tech area. It seems like people would rather bring it to a tech and get it "fixed" than have the ability to adjust it themselves.

That's one of the things that makes me wonder now when people start (again) talking about more feature rich products. Do people really want that, and will they pay for it?

For me when it comes to a mask, it's hard to believe I want anything other than great lenses, lightweight, and easy to breath.

Found a video of the mask and system. That is one HUGE lens. I wonder what the retail price on those will be?

Nice use of the Inception Go Pro barrel mount

you have tot train your market place to want adjust-ability for them to use it. and then you have to train them with how to actually adjust it properly if you want them to see an actual performance benefit.

in the days of youtube, this shouldn't be that hard to do.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Tried that for years. Hence the gazillion you tube videos we did on the loader and magnetic clutch system. The current paintball demographic doesn't want it.

Educating the market place is the hardest thing to do. Perception is reality.

The modern consumer is even worse. Hence why Apple products do so well.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    you have tot train your market place to want adjust-ability for them to use it. and then you have to train them with how to actually adjust it properly if you want them to see an actual performance benefit.

in the days of youtube, this shouldn't be that hard to do.
    It's just not worth it. Even with a tremendous effort on youtube, in print, and online literature you'll still have a bunch of people who a refuse to RTFM and bash your product because of their ineptitude.

That time and money would be better spent developing products that either don't need adjusting or adjust themselves.

IMO that's one of the biggest levers Planet exploited in their rise - don't sell a product that has the capability to be adjusted to not work. They borked the ego LPR adjustment range and opted for the dump style spool for exactly this reason.

It's what the broader market (beyond tech heads like us) wants.

Insider
    That is exactly why we went with a system that has basically no adjustments besides velocity. With the HE timing, and the rest under the "AI" programming, there really isn't much to adjust.

We felt that would be a big advantage, and for the most part it is. There are have no calls or emails to deal with programming. Short of the whole board dying.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    It's just not worth it. Even with a tremendous effort on youtube, in print, and online literature you'll still have a bunch of people who a refuse to RTFM and bash your product because of their ineptitude.

That time and money would be better spent developing products that either don't need adjusting or adjust themselves.

IMO that's one of the biggest levers Planet exploited in their rise - don't sell a product that has the capability to be adjusted to not work. They borked the ego LPR adjustment range and opted for the dump style spool for exactly this reason.

It's what the broader market (beyond tech heads like us) wants.
    Agree completely.