View Poll Results: should PE make cure style bolts for older guns?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • god, i wish

3 50.00%
  • reality is a tough mistress

3 50.00%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PE should make a cure style cocker bolt

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Gordon, you love to make all encompassing statements about something and then later try to make out that's not what you did or change the discussion to be something else.

You stated that the arms race was dumb. It was not.

You may not agree with some of it, some of the results or why it happened but it wasn't dumb and resulted in some extremely beneficial things for paintball.

You can't suddenly claim breech sensors and force-fed loaders weren't part of the arms race. They were fundamental parts of it. I was part of those technologies from the very beginning and they were absolutely part of the arms race.
    no, i choose my words and statements quite specifically. its you who decided that because i was against this ridiculous and foolish 20-40 bps gun and loader wars, i was all of a sudden against electronics guns, and force feed loaders (and now eyes?). i was responding directly to your statement with a quoted gun speed, i even repeated THE SAME EXACT SPECIFICATION, in my statement. the problem was never electronic guns, or eyes, or force feed loaders, and if you think i was claiming that, go and find a quote. because hello, all of those things, are required to make a reliable and reasonable, semi automatic gun that shoots in the teens on a legal trigger.

i didn't back off from anything, you over applied what i said, and then tried to make me defend it. CLASSIC strawman. go read what i wrote and in response to what.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 01-15-2016 at 10:59 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=5110217

Sad thing is that this downgrade will sell
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

The "patent pending" high flow face of this:

Looks like an uvula:

Insider
    "Patent Pending"

...the quotation marks are probably important

Insider
    It's worth filing a provisional to make that marketing claim but he would be insane to try to get a utility patent
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    The "patent pending" high flow face of this:

Looks like an uvula:
    Been there and done that.

I'll go find my bolts and take some pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    the gun arms race was dumb,
    This is the dumb statement that started the argument and that I responded too.

It's totally incorrect, and Gordon you can back out of it as much as you claim or attack other items that don't fit your argument but you are very simply wrong.

The gun arms race did a lot for paintball. That is the only point I picked up and was discussing. You can try to make it about something else, but your comment was what the discussion that followed was about.

This gun was built in 2004.

Bolts were SLS.

You can see the lack of a hard top to the bolt and using the o-rings as a soft bumper on the ball.