Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Universal Hammer offers the same benefits as the "Inception Mod" and more...

New Universal Hammer offers the same benefits as the "Inception Mod" and more...

The "Inception Mod" is now easily available for everyone. Just by installing a new hammer the cocking point is moved back so it happens when the bolt has cleared the breech.

These are a "must have" to fix the cocking point on an Empire Sniper or Empire Resurrection.

The hammer is also approx 10% heavier than the stock Empire hammer which allows you to back out the IVG or tune the gun with lighter springs.

The universal hammer will work in ANY Autococker, mid block or full body. The back of the hammer is also 10-32 threaded for a cocking rod and a tension set screw to lock it in place can be accessed from the hammer slot.

You can get it for just $29.95 from your local Inception Designs dealer or direct from http://www.inceptiondesigns.com/Prod...tCode=IFP-1018

It's actually super easy to install.

1) Remove bolt.

2) Remove IVG and spring.

3) Put 1/8th allen key in hammer lug and back out 4 full turns.

4) Slide hammer out the back of the gun.

5) Compare hammer lug heights between old hammer and new hammer. Adjust lug on new hammer to look as close as possible.

6) Slide new hammer into body.

7) Screw down hammer lug 4 full turns.

8) Replace main spring and screw in IVG.

9) Replace bolt.

10) Pull back bolt and check the gun cocks. Pull trigger and check the gun drops the hammer just before the pnuematics start to push the bolt system back. Or with a pump gun check the hammer drops just as the bolt closes or is about to close off the breeach as you hold the trigger and push the pump forwards.

11) Shoot people. In the face. Lots. Giggle inside. (Only inside, we wouldn't want people to think you are crazy or anything....)

Simon, not related to this much, but the thread at pbn made me wonder... why are you only doing parts for guns you designed? This part could (and maybe should) be stock. I know it probably has to do with a lower risk approach, but why not do a rotor part? Maybe pods with an improved lid design (or like the fat boys). I like the barrel.

We have other projects in the works, but the reality is that those take a DAMN long time to come to market and a lot of $$$ to make happen. We have looked at Rotor parts, but there are a few issues there that aren't public. For us to continue to exist we have to have products that bring in income as we work on the larger projects. We are barely able to exist as it is, if we put out big $$$ for projects that took a while to bring back any income we would go bust very soon.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    We have other projects in the works, but the reality is that those take a DAMN long time to come to market and a lot of $$$ to make happen. We have looked at Rotor parts, but there are a few issues there that aren't public. For us to continue to exist we have to have products that bring in income as we work on the larger projects. We are barely able to exist as it is, if we put out big $$$ for projects that took a while to bring back any income we would go bust very soon.
    This is great advice. I can't imagine financing a large project for paintball without having a positive cash flow first.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Not a needed item, as I already machined my hammer.....but ordered anyway to help out a great guy and a great company.

Can you provide any details on your trigger plate? It looks to be a very nice piece. I'm guessing it won't have the breakaway 'snap' spot that the stock plate has? I do like that aspect of the stock trigger.
    OlllllllO

Quote Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
    Not a needed item, as I already machined my hammer.....but ordered anyway to help out a great guy and a great company.

Can you provide any details on your trigger plate? It looks to be a very nice piece. I'm guessing it won't have the breakaway 'snap' spot that the stock plate has? I do like that aspect of the stock trigger.
    Thank you for the support.

All of our trigger plates have that break away angle change from the Resurrection. It works so well to make it harder to shortstroke the guns. Anyone that wants it more old school can buy extra plates and simply grind down the "hump" if they want to have it lighter from the beginning of the pull. We will have plates available separately. The trigger plate set though comes with the springs and spring guide which are well worth having, especially if you do plan to run light trigger return springs and tune the trigger to be more "old school".

You made it HARDER to short-stroke? Incredible. I've handed my Resurrection off to plenty of old-school guys with tons of Cocker trigger time, and nobody's been able to short-stroke it yet, even while trying.

I'll wind up with the new plate eventually, I'm sure.

I got one of the new hammers and couldn't be happier. It allowed for a slightly lower LPR pressure since the sled has more space to build up momentum, meaning a slightly smoother cycle. Plus it was nicely polished!

I was thinking trying out a universal hammer in a Sanchez Machine SM-1 and had a couple questions:
    1. How much does the hammer weigh? I know 10% more than the sniper/resurrection hammer, but how much do those weigh?
    2. What's the distance between the hammer lug and the back of the slot? I just wanted to make sure it's about the same as the original SM-1 hammer.