Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paintball Clothing

Paintball Clothing

I saw a conversation on facebook about women's clothing, and it made me think discussing clothing here might be worthwhile. Putting the women's issue aside for a moment...

Why in the hell can't I find a decent pair of paintball pants? I'm 6'2" and can't find a decent fitting pair of pants for the life of me. Everything out there has Bieber levels of dropped crotch, which just gets in the way when I'm trying to sprint. Nothing is long enough, and there isn't a decently designed ankle to be found out there. I don't understand the desire for 5000 yards of material on everything. I understand loose, but these things just get in the way. And what's the point? If a paintball hits all the extra fabric on the back of your leg sure it won't break, but it wouldn't have broken flying by with nothing to hit either.

And what's the deal with sleeves? I'm a fit guy and it's impossible to find sleeves that cover my arms without going to a 60 in chest size. It's not like peoples arms get longer as they get fatter so what's the point there?

And on a final note, are we not creative enough to come up with an aesthetic that isn't motocross? My girlfriend is an "art" kid and she certainly finds it interesting that we have one single aesthetic that everyone rigidly conforms to. I understand that those are the roots, but is it really the best style for the game? The crazily busy, intense colors with so much lettering everywhere that you can't read anything? Seems out of place for our sport.

Soft goods folks of Inception, can't we do better?
    Last edited by PBSteve; 05-09-2016 at 06:15 PM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

I have just hated the aesthetic of every paintball jersey ever for those same reasons.

So I say "hear, hear" to your post. Been working on a paintball clothing project for a good while, but it is still too early to reveal details.

Have you tried PbRack pants? They seem to have the same idea as you and have pants with spandex around the calves/shin, but idk how baggy the upper leg is.

Also, are you finding sleeves to be too short or too narrow?

And the aesthetic with the busy lettering is somewhat unavoidable, I think. Because pro teams have so many little sponsors, you have to cram all those logos in there somehow. I think Dynasty's simple blue and white jerseys from some NXL event this year and Impact's Oilers jerseys are about as simple as you can get.

So many of the new Pants that have come out feel like snowboard pants to me. My favorite fitting paintball pants were the origional Dye hybird pants (2002 ish?). I need to loose weight so I can fit into my old ones.

Have you tried eclipse code pants? They fit much more naturally than anything else I've tried. They have the things I want such as junk padding, light knee pads, very good straps with structure to help support the pod pack and ventilation on the inside of the legs. I tried a ton of pants trying to find the right fit. I have the grey ones so they're not flashy either.

I've always thought there's some idiocy to the notion that we have to cram EVERY logo on a jersey, too. Tournament guys more than others, but some bigger scenario outfits do this, too. Everybody they're associated with, got to shove the logo on the jersey somewhere. Here's an idea - have a jersey that's a simple setup. Name and player number on the back, team name somewhere on there. Then, bring back the team banner idea rather than a jersey that's too busy to read.

Then again, I like the old "patch jackets", too. And for pants, I'm partial to non-paintball type pants because paintball specific pants are stupid expensive. Seriously. $180 for PANTS? I can get six pairs of Tiger Stripe or assorted other surplus BDU type pants for that money, and if I rip them or destroy them, I've got five more to replace them.

My Dye pants have lasted for years, though I don't put them through horrible abuse. But being on the tall side w/ long legs, I agree. Would love to have pants that come down a BIT further, without looking like Martin Short.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Why in the hell can't I find a decent pair of paintball pants? I'm 6'2" and can't find a decent fitting pair of pants for the life of me. Everything out there has Bieber levels of dropped crotch, which just gets in the way when I'm trying to sprint. Nothing is long enough, and there isn't a decently designed ankle to be found out there. I don't understand the desire for 5000 yards of material on everything. I understand loose, but these things just get in the way. And what's the point? If a paintball hits all the extra fabric on the back of your leg sure it won't break, but it wouldn't have broken flying by with nothing to hit either.

And what's the deal with sleeves? I'm a fit guy and it's impossible to find sleeves that cover my arms without going to a 60 in chest size. It's not like peoples arms get longer as they get fatter so what's the point there?
    Hmm, I'm 5'9" and the eclipse pants seem to fit just fine. No problems in running.

Anthrax shirt sleeves are long enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    I've always thought there's some idiocy to the notion that we have to cram EVERY logo on a jersey, too. Tournament guys more than others, but some bigger scenario outfits do this, too. Everybody they're associated with, got to shove the logo on the jersey somewhere. Here's an idea - have a jersey that's a simple setup. Name and player number on the back, team name somewhere on there. Then, bring back the team banner idea rather than a jersey that's too busy to read.
    You don't wear the banner in the field while playing, so it won't show on any stream/video/photograph of that event.

I've got a 34" inseam bare minimum and 6'4" wingspan, haven't had luck with eclipse

The broader point I was making was about the aesthetics and the cut of the clothes though.