Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paintball Clothing

On aesthetics I agree entirely. I've been of the opinion for some time that at least at the pro level jersey design needs to be regulated for long range distinguishability. The field needs to be gray or something too so the players stand out.

Right now most teams go with 95% black and a little detailing.

The reason for messy designs is less to do with sponsor logos and more to do with detail looking good up close in catalogs and webstore images. So everyone buys the detailed stuff without realising it looks like muddy crap from more than 5m away. And naturally the pros will be decked out in whatever works for the market. Unfortunately some of them seem to be able to choose their own style - again, it should be regulated like any other pro league in any other sport.

The one exception to this rule is the current Dye gear, which actually works from range with the ironic exception of the Ironmen.

Also I'd say that most motocross gear is actually better than paintball gear design wise. We're not so much using the moto aesthetic as a downgraded version of it. Most of these are better than what ballers wear:
    https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=mo...HaosB98QsAQIJg
    Last edited by vijil; 05-12-2016 at 07:19 PM.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

I find it hard to believe that jerseys and pants look the way they do because that is the market. There are no alternative options to contrast with them so we have no idea if other designs would be more popular.

Pump Scout, I started jumping in the conversation because it was there and I had to say something because I so hate the standard speedball look, but I am with you. Paintball specific pants and jerseys are crazy. Just use BDUs or sweatpants or jeans for that matter. The "Know Your Enemy" comic strip comes to mind.

Raza, Dye, various folks have at least tried using different colours and levels of busyness. Complex + dark seems to win out.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    They're also entirely un-agg, which for me just adds to their appeal.

vijil: Being out of paintball for so long I had not seen any alternatives. Realize this is unlikely but if you know anywhere I can see example images I would like to know about it in order to get an idea of what the designs were like.