Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AR 15 Build...

AR 15 Build...

And so it starts.

I have the base 3D files in and am starting to work out how to put my "spin" on it.

Here's the start. Let me know your thought on how it should be changed or evolve.

I will be machining it once it is finished.

Not sure if I will be doing an upper too, but initially the plan is to do a Lower, and then we will see.

Images from the start...

I'd appreciate images for inspiration if you have any or have seen cool things in AR's before...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Insider
    needs a Simonized logo.

S4 Tactical.

Two things that are getting deleted on some AR's these days are the forward assist and the dust cover. I'm a fan of both. Thing with the forward assist is that when you need it, you NEED it. And the design of the AR15/M16 wasn't that it would work dirty (like the AK does), but that it kept crud out of itself in the first place. We trained to make sure we always had the dust cover closed unless we were actively shooting.

Make a 1 piece trigger guard. I persionally don't like forward assist (on non-combat rifles). If I have to force the next round into the chamber, chances are it isn't going to eject. So your really only gaining one more shot. Forward assist wasn't really designed to force the round into the chamber, it was designed to allow soldiers to silently chamber a round. That said the AR I will be building next as a SHTF rifle, will have a forward assist.

None of my military training ever pointed toward using the forward assist to silently chamber a round. It was part of the emergency action/jammed rifle drill.

Z grip?

Lol, if I made blocks to add to the grip I could do that.. I was thinking about making a block so it could use 1911 grips

I've run CCI's Phantom grips on my M-16's back in my Army days. Their 45 frame block should do the same job just fine, or a similar block.

Insider
    Go big: Do Sergi's Revolver grips, like on his PGP's.

I bet if you did you would get orders for a couple dozen.

Should be a fun project.

is that Pro-E? or...?