Thread: Inception Spam

Inception Spam

I just received spam in my inbox that was advertising Inception Design Products. Despite the message obviously being from complete scumbags the entire ad was all about inception Designs.

Can anyone explain this?

It's not intended as spam. It's intended us keeping in touch with people that are interested in what we are doing and our products. If you would like I can make sure you never received an email again from us

Nice to not receive ads I did not sign up for but I do not want a blanket ban on sending me replies if I ever email you a question or such or if in the unlikely event someone from here sees something that prompts them to email me.

You can unsubscribe from the email, but if you also let me have the email it was sent to I will make sure you are removed from our mailing list.

Thanks. Companies like Constant Contact use your indication of wanting to unsubscribe as proof that the address is active and you get on the more valuable list of proven active addresses for them to sell so I am reluctant to use the option they give in the message. So I appreciate your willingness to remove me. I did it myself anyway after reading your reply. Not sure why as I know better it just kind of happened.

What?!?!?!?!? Don't you love everything by ID even if its spam? I am sure (though not received it myself) that it is the most eloquent and detailed piece of spam. I am sure it would remind me of the products that are made by... Inception Designs!

Just kidding, spam is still spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Davros View Post
    Thanks. Companies like Constant Contact use your indication of wanting to unsubscribe as proof that the address is active and you get on the more valuable list of proven active addresses for them to sell.
    Sorry but this is completely untrue.

Constant Contact is not selling our mailing list. Nor will Inception Designs ever sell or give it away to anyone.

The best way for you to avoid getting our mail via constant contact is for you to unsubscribe yourself. We can do it manually, but if you do it then the ONLY way you can ever be put back onto our mailing list is you choosing to do it yourself and confirming it through your email when you are sent a link to contact.

Constant Contact can't/won't put you back on the list, and Inception Designs can't.

A couple of reasons why.

1) It's illegal due to the CAN-SPAM Act. Both Constant Contact and we at Inception Designs take that very seriously.

2) It makes NO business sense for us to put someone on our email list that doesn't want to receive e-mail from us. Actually it makes less sense than that as it costs us money, could get us blacklisted from using Constant Contact, and hurt the future of the company.

Ultimately we want people who are interested in our products, news and giveaways to be a part of the mailing list. If we have people that mark us spam, don't open the links, or never buy from us not only is that wasting our money, but the poor stats that produces makes it harder to use the numbers if we wanted to get investors or a loan from the bank to further the company.

Here's the reason why we are stepping up our game and doing more active marketing.

The paintball industry with regards to consumer items (not playing participation at fields) is close to being down by 30% this year. We as a small company are growing, but it's very clear that we as a business are not sustainable and can't add more products if we don't add more people to our team and improve our cash flow.

Adding people to the team is stupidly expensive. Especially for good people. We need to significantly increase sales to cover adding to the team. Our current sales won't do it.

Growing and adding to our product line is eating up our cash flow and cash reserves faster than we can replenish it currently. At some point we will run out if we don't do something about that.

We have to get more sales, and marketing sales to people that are current customers tends to be more effective than adding new customers (we are working on both).

Being on our mailing list will once a week get you the news on what we have for sale, new items, and will make you eligible for product giveaways that we have lined up.

I totally understand not wanting spam, I am the same way myself, but we aren't intending to spam you, and if you don't want to get the emails or support us then please hit the unsubscribe button.

Sorry to hear that the market is so difficult for you and everyone in the paintball industry, especially sorry for you as I want smaller, innovative companies (like Inception Designs) to succeed even more than established paintball companies. Best of luck getting through it.

I 100% believe that you think that way about business and respect laws and I believe you mean everything you just said. As for Constant Contact there is a reason a huge number of websites dedicated to sys admins have article on how to block their entire IP range and they already broke laws here (PIPEDIA), so the existence of a law in another country (CAN-SPAM) does not comfort me much.

Just because I do not want spam and just because I hit the unsubscribe button does not mean I do not support you. In fact I am very close to buying a Stella barrel (was thinking of getting the one that has the carbon fibre front) and intend to renew my supporting membership here when it expires in 2 or 3 months time. So do know I support you and encourage others to as well.