Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My FN303 set up for paintball...

the thing is devastating on the paintball field. just ridiculous. it is SO much better then anything tiberius makes its not even funny. only the difficulty of acquiring an FN303 prevents anyone with half a brain from switching over. the magazine system is just a world ahead of tibs shitty stacked mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    Planning on slinging this as a "special missions" shooter for events? It'd be a perfect sniper rifle for those scenario fields where we're all trying to shoot 200 feet with some semblance of accuracy (haha).
    That was partly my plan. I was looking to put it under a rocket launcher and just keep it slung until needed.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    the thing is devastating on the paintball field. just ridiculous. it is SO much better then anything tiberius makes its not even funny. only the difficulty of acquiring an FN303 prevents anyone with half a brain from switching over. the magazine system is just a world ahead of tibs shitty stacked mags.
    I have been looking at making some custom guns using the same mags. It isn't as easy as I hoped, but we shall see what happens.

I know its a old thread.
    But Ive got one of these toys coming Time to scare they kiddies at the field.

Simon: Could you explain how to lower the velocity of one of these to acceptable levels for paintball. If you don't want it public could we discuss it in email.

Its the same method as putting an efficiency insert into a classic mag.

Thanks thats what I figured but wanted to make sure.
    Now to design Tommy gun clamshells for it instead of the plastic ones it has.

Oooh! I love the idea for Tommy Gun shells! I want a set

Be very careful how you cut the valve open. Don't take too much off otherwise you will kill the o-ring location and when you screw it back in the powertube tip will sit further back which means you need adjust the powertube to bolt o-ring seal etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Oooh! I love the idea for Tommy Gun shells! I want a set

Be very careful how you cut the valve open. Don't take too much off otherwise you will kill the o-ring location and when you screw it back in the powertube tip will sit further back which means you need adjust the powertube to bolt o-ring seal etc.
    Ill make sure you have a chance to get a set. They will be very limited run I beleive. Just not alot of demand for FN303 parts. Gonna be awhile. I gotta wade thru the Tommy gun blueprints. Then design the stuff I need. Then have then machined.

You could very easily print the shell set too. All of the functional stuff for the gun is held in a aluminium chassis

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You could very easily print the shell set too. All of the functional stuff for the gun is held in a aluminium chassis
    Thats true, But I think I want to eliminate the plastic feel. So I'm thinking aluminum. That way they can also be anodized.
    The FN's chassis is what is spurring the project. That and the Drum feed.

Also planning on doing it in a way that we don't change anything so the original shells will fit without issue.