Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My FN303 set up for paintball...

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    Might have already seen this, but here's pretty good step by step with pictures.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...paintball.html
    That's an awesome guide

OK, I know this is an old thread but I am hoping to join the cool kids gang (my FN-303 arrives tomorrow) I am curious about the spacer for the barrel. Can you give me a little more information on this and why it is needed?

My timing sucks for playing with mine. It arrives tomorrow and I leave for the east coast on Friday to go buy a house. Flounder is leaving the desert and headed back to the beach! Ok not quite the beach but a state with some coast line at least.

Quote Originally Posted by FLounder View Post
    OK, I know this is an old thread but I am hoping to join the cool kids gang (my FN-303 arrives tomorrow) I am curious about the spacer for the barrel. Can you give me a little more information on this and why it is needed?

My timing sucks for playing with mine. It arrives tomorrow and I leave for the east coast on Friday to go buy a house. Flounder is leaving the desert and headed back to the beach! Ok not quite the beach but a state with some coast line at least.
    The barrel is cocker threaded but it is different. It has a much longer set of cocker threads and not as much shank, so a regular cocker barrel threads and shank is a little longer then the fn303s stock barrel. You need a spacer for a cocker barrel so the shank does not go into the breach where the magazine is.

On my FN I use a unmodified hammerhead cocker barrel. I just made sure I have a thick oring on the barrel to be a spacer. Big thing as noted is to make sure the barrel does not interfere with the magazine area.
    I did have to file the outer edges of the plastic body to get it to fit since the FN barrel was a smaller diameter.

Oh almost forgot. The original FN barrel is loctited to the gun. Its gonna take some heat & work to get it out.

Thanks for the tips guys. I am looking forward to actually being able to do something with this a few months from now when I see my paintball gear again.