Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inception Logo Marker display stand

Tracker, I meant to say good job to you. It is a neat idea and you should be thanked for sharing it with everyone. So thanks.

The scale seems off on my screen. How large is the print in the photos displayed? Even knowing how many centimetres it is in just one dimension would help.

I looked at the file and the scale seems off on my screen. How large is the print in the photos you showed? Even knowing how many cm it is in one dimension would be enough.

its 9.5x6

sorry it took me so long to reply, ive been busy at work

i would prefer it if i get to be the one to print them

oh i also made some modifications to the STL file, there was a flaw in the model, it's treating the spot where the ASA post meets the vertical part, its treating them as 2 separate models, and the whole gun is only being supported by the adhesion between the layers

so yeah if you have the original, either modify the shell to print correctly, or delete it and run the fixed one..

so ill ask this here, little ot but you guys are familiar with the consumer grade printers.....

anyone have any experience with Formbot printers specifically the T Rex 2. Need a larger format 3d printer (400x400x400mm Min) to start work on some new paintball ideas and hopefully get a little cash flow going with the wife going back to med school...

Tracker: As you put this in the open source section I assumed we were OK to use the design since that is the purpose of posting things in the section, but if you would like me to not print any than I will refrain from making the prints. I am allot closer to This is Paintball and not everyone has access to 3D printers so I thought my offer would help. Thanks for the dimensions. That is much smaller than I thought it would be.

Pote: I used to know allot about every consumer 3D printer but the industry has so exploded in size I lost track and gave up on knowing about it all. Never hear of Formbot but it looks really interesting to me.

i put it in the open source section so you can make them yourself without paying someone if you have the facilities.. i only charge enough to cover materials and shipping for mine, so in a sense, you're undercutting me by selling something that i designed..

ultimately i cant control what happens with it though, as soon as its up for public access, i loose a degree of control of my design

however i do see your up in kanuckistan, and im okay with you printing them for your floppy headed brethren, its probably easier (and way less hassle) for you to ship within the country than for me to ship TO the country, i do kindly request that stateside orders be pointed in my direction, deal?

pote, i would recommend against that printer, its a poorly made knock off of a Gcreate 1.5 http://www.gcreate.com/gmax-15-2016-series and to say there's been some corner cutting is an understatement, https://youtu.be/mlqPXPmEx7c
    unfortunatly, i dont have a lot of expirence with large bed printers, so i dont know what the added challenges are in building them are, and why they are so much more expensive.

Tracker, I can make that deal, but if you want me to not to do it at all I will abide by that. If I can print it, which I have to determine for sure, it would be easier for me to ship to Ontario than you, but I am willing to go along with your request either way. I do not see how if I make 0 profit and you make 0 profit that it is undercutting you but if you see it as undermining your control I am happy to work with you to restore that sense of control.

Thisispaintball, I have a small print bed so I am concerned about making it large enough to hold particular markers. Been busy this week, had my transplant workup update exams this week, so I did not think about it much. Need more time to really determine if I can do it. Home 3D printing is more art than science some days. A test print is in order I think.

its okay, i'd rather not have to ship to canada on the regular.. i have someone in canada that contacted me about a stand, when you're up and running, i'll pass you his information,

and you're not kidding about "more art than science" i got a new bed for mine, because the kapton and AL build plate that came with mine was pissing me off.. and now i cant get the damn thing level to save my life