Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inception Logo Marker display stand

Inception Logo Marker display stand

so, i saw a picture on FB of someone who had repurposed a DYE stand for his ripper by covering the dye logos with inception stickers,, and it made me want one for myself, as i do have one of the more "custom" inception guns out there.. and i thought it would look a not nice as a display than living in a bag

after i priced out a new one, i remembered i have this thing.. nice to my PC tower, it collects a lot of dust, but is also capable of printing things out of plastic, one layer at a time

after i got something workable, and a few test parts printed, i had a conversation with simon about logo usage and if he was okay with that (and if he could point me in the direction of where to get a high res version)

this one came together with a lot less headache than im used to, and im happy to share my work with the inception community

stand measures about 9x6 on the base, getting it to stick first layer will be a pain, i had to use a gluestick, and it takes 14 hours at 100 micron,

but it looks pretty damn neat when its finished

what you're seeing is with only enough finishing to get the stringers off, a light sanding, filling and painting would do WONDERS for the surface finish

enjoy fellas!inceptionstandinvertfix.zip
    Last edited by Tracker; 12-02-2016 at 12:32 AM.

Supports Inception Designs
    wow. looks great. hopefully the attachment point holds up. not much stress on it though.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Nice thanks for sharing this now to find a local 3D printing space which will allow me use the machine for 14 hours...
    Proudly Brought To You By: ThisISPaintball, Pinnacle Paintball, PaintballPhotography.com
    Seasons Past:
    Spikes 5150, Spikes Fuel Xtreme, Mystic Warriors, Birmingham Bulldogs, Inro-MORTIFIEURS, ChopShop, SportAgressor Russia, Buffalo CRUsh, Malmo Furious, Canadian Response & Canadian Express

i can make you one as well, all i charge for is material and time, ill need a little help with the extra charge for kanickistani shipping, but its light enough that it can go first class, so it shouldnt be too bad

skibbo, ive got my shell at 8 layers, its really solid, the plate flexes because of the removed material, i don't see the attachment point having any issues
    Last edited by Tracker; 11-22-2016 at 08:14 PM.

cool. thanks for the info Tracker. Any idea on cost?

Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

I would be willing to make prints for anyone willing to cover my plastic costs. And shipping obviously.

may have to hit you up. need a nice display stand.

Sure. Lots of contact info, including email under my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Davros View Post
    I would be willing to make prints for anyone willing to cover my plastic costs. And shipping obviously.
    Totally gonna take you up on that offer. Before getting any work done will check with teammates who would most likely be interested as well. We have the team Xmas gathering tomorrow will ask then. Estimate on per unit print cost? Shipping would be to Toronto.
    Proudly Brought To You By: ThisISPaintball, Pinnacle Paintball, PaintballPhotography.com
    Seasons Past:
    Spikes 5150, Spikes Fuel Xtreme, Mystic Warriors, Birmingham Bulldogs, Inro-MORTIFIEURS, ChopShop, SportAgressor Russia, Buffalo CRUsh, Malmo Furious, Canadian Response & Canadian Express

No idea. Will have to get back to you on that and it would depend on the filament type. We could use ABS plastic, but I switched to the new designed for 3D printing amphora plastic for most of my prints. I think it is $50 for a kg if I recall correctly. Will check into it for you. I guess I actually have to examine the file now.