Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Inception Designs pump kits.... ;)

This reminds me that I need to make a "For-Sale" thread very soon. How well are CCM parts holding their value these days?
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

What was your total print time?
    I don't know, fly casual

I converted the EPS to SVG in Inkscape without a problem. It came up fine when I viewed it in other programmes, including some web browsers. So know it can be done if you need to do it, and feel free to ask me to do it if anyone needs that done.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    How well are CCM parts holding their value these days?
    Assuming that the trend of the stable prices on CCM will bottom out sometime around PBE?????
    Proudly Brought To You By: ThisISPaintball, Pinnacle Paintball, PaintballPhotography.com
    Seasons Past:
    Spikes 5150, Spikes Fuel Xtreme, Mystic Warriors, Birmingham Bulldogs, Inro-MORTIFIEURS, ChopShop, SportAgressor Russia, Buffalo CRUsh, Malmo Furious, Canadian Response & Canadian Express

Supports Inception Designs
    Anyone having issues editing the files? Inventor isn't letting me do anything with them. I'll have to try it in my copy of SW I guess.

Nevermind. Had to stitch the surfaces so it would recognize the solid.

Also, Simon you need to work with PE on a design. I want a Hornet version of one of their guns.

Here's what I came up with
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...TFZb1E4VmZmU3M

Skibba Pump Handle.jpg
    Last edited by skibbo; 02-04-2017 at 03:10 PM.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTheWookie View Post
    What was your total print time?
    About 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by skibbo View Post
    Here's what I came up with

Skibba Pump Handle.jpg
    I like it. Might I suggest flattening the front a little because it will require a full support raft to vertically print currently. It could be printed from the other side but then you run into issues with the slicer adding support all the way up the holes. Actually it might be printable at the 45 degree angle without to many issues. Maybe I'll give it a go if you can save it as an stl.

Roughly 2/3 the way there. The printer wasn't at all happy about those over hanging radii on the angled face but it soldiered on through. It would handle it much better with chamfers.

Last edited by Dirty Engineer; 02-04-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Engineer View Post
    Roughly 1/3 the way there. The printer wasn't at all happy about those over hanging radii on the angled face but it soldiered on through. It would handle it much better with chamfers.
    oh wow. that looks very cool. I just picked the 45? angle at random, I think 30 or less would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Engineer View Post
    So the lettering turned out better than I expected. Here a pic of it in process

Excuse the ringing. I haven't dialed it out of the printer yet. Printing fast in PLA with a 0.2mm layer height, 2 perimeter layers, 25% infill.

Attached the STL for it.
    Missed this earlier. It looks fantastic.

I need to modify the ego pump idea to use these handles. shouldn't be too hard to modify the pump plate since the outline is included in the files.

oh wow. that looks very cool. I just picked the 45? angle at random, I think 30 or less would be perfect.
    I'll let you know how it feels. I think you're right as the 30 would give you a bit more grip for your front finger to engage with the pump handle.

Missed this earlier. It looks fantastic.
    I need to modify the ego pump idea to use these handles. shouldn't be too hard to modify the pump plate since the outline is included in the files.
    I lowered the nozzle temp 10 degrees on your handle and the filament is printing much better on this second one. The finish on the first one was terrible. I switched filament brands recently and I'm still getting a feel for the new stuff.
    Last edited by Dirty Engineer; 02-04-2017 at 11:00 PM.