Thread: FN303 - wondering if anyone has dimensions and specifics on the tank mount?

FN303 - wondering if anyone has dimensions and specifics on the tank mount?

Recently acquired an FN303 - but it came without a tank... Which is mostly a good thing as I believe the original tanks dumped about 2500 PSI into the valve.

In modifying this for paintball, I want to switch over to a standard ASA sort of arrangement for convenience... 550 - 850 psi input pressure on a 13ci.

That said - this leaves me in a bit of a pickle as to how to interface with the original mounting location without a tank with the clamped on block used to do so.

What I would like to do is 3D print something that will click into that location with a clamp around the 13ci - either a metal band clamp or perhaps a rubber tension strap of some sort.

I hope to be able to modify this: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1068784 with the wedge block to interface with the launcher.

Thoughts? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Supports Inception Designs
    To be clear: the FN303's tank is unregulated- it only had an on/off, and it outputs whatever the tank was filled to. This works fine for the FN303 (even for paintball purposes) as the gun's reg drops the pressure down. Unfortunately, just not enough for paintball purposes with the valve's volume as it comes from the factory. As you may already be aware, at the valve's stock volume, the stock reg won't be able to drop 550-850 PSI down enough for safe velocities.

I personally run mine with a remote line as I like a narrower profile and I made my own plug (held in with VHB Velcro) for mounting the remote switch for my scope (Bushnell Yardage Pro).

I've already done the rest of the mods... it is shooting 270-285 currently with an 850 PSI tank. I think I've already found a better answer, but as more of these hit the market, we need a design to people who want the true mount. I just need dimensions for the stock mount.

I mount mine rearward, along the stock... Made a 3D printed rail insert for the front cavity that can mount a light or a camera. Balances better this way.

Quote Originally Posted by UV Halo View Post
    To be clear: the FN303's tank is unregulated- it only had an on/off, and it outputs whatever the tank was filled to. This works fine for the FN303 (even for paintball purposes) as the gun's reg drops the pressure down. Unfortunately, just not enough for paintball purposes with the valve's volume as it comes from the factory. As you may already be aware, at the valve's stock volume, the stock reg won't be able to drop 550-850 PSI down enough for safe velocities.

I personally run mine with a remote line as I like a narrower profile and I made my own plug (held in with VHB Velcro) for mounting the remote switch for my scope (Bushnell Yardage Pro).

Supports Inception Designs
    I've got one but, it's been some time since I've seen it. If memory serves, I believe it was not possible to disassemble it in a reversible manner (meaning once I disassemble it, I personally will not be able to put it back together) but, I will take a look.