Thread: Proper Resurrection adhesives

Proper Resurrection adhesives

So . . . .

The Resurrection is fast becoming one of my all-time favorite markers.

However, I cannot keep the thing from coming apart while shooting. Both the timing and cocking rods absolutely refuse to stay put, regardless of how their respective set screws are tightened.

With every shot the rod begins to swivel freely.

Same with the timing rod.

Can I (lightly) Blue the timing rod? That works well with trigger set screws on most markers.

And what about the sled and cocking rod? I know that a rubberized superglue would certainly hold them under use, but what if I ever need to get them apart?

Loctite 425 seems to be made for that, but is insanely expensive.

Finally, has this happened to others out there? And what did you do?

Thanks very kindly!

Weird, I haven't had that issue at all.

Blue Loctite on the timing, cocking and pump rod are fine. If the set screws are properly torqued they shouldn't be moving. That's very odd.
    OlllllllO

As per Simon's videos, VC-3 is an anti vibration coating. It will "gum" up the threads and should prevent them from working loose.

Also, for the sled, you can put in from the opposite side, a set screw to lock against the pump arm.

But, in a pinch, you could use the blue locktite.

Thank you both.

Imped4now,

Yes, it is very odd, as I've heard of no one else having this issue, and yes, the set screws are properly tightened.

Nobody,

I went back and looked at Simon's vid on tools, and the VC-3 looks promising, though I see it is not listed as being compatible with POM (Delrin). That may be an issue for use with the sled.

Also, you should recall (as you were there), the sled does have a set screw, and this is the second sled, the first having cracked under force of the torque the last time this happened.

Also, both the set screw and the cocking rod have been treated with blue Loctite, to no avail. Both spin freely as though lubed.

If I tighten the set screw the cocking rod of course stops dead there, but then happily spins back the other way, without a care in the world.

A truly incorrigible little creature.

After a little extra digging, the VG-3 really seems purpose-built for this kind of application, so will call them tomorrow and ask about compatibility with Delrin.

Will post back with useful updates.

Called today and Delrin is just fine. Only potential issue is with the solvent, so main thing is just ensuring full dry time before assembly.

Will give that a try and post up results.