Thread: Inception HF Bolt compatibility list

Inception HF Bolt compatibility list

This list is to help people match the bolt size to their gun. Because of the use of the Planet Eclipse rubber tip the bore size fit is more important than conventional bolts.

0.700 bore should be selected for the following guns

Empire Sniper (using 11/16ths valves)
    Empire Resurrection (using 11/16ths valves)
    Inception gun bodies for Empire Sniper/Resurrection (using 11/16ths valves)
    Inception Retro Series gun bodies (using 11/16ths valves)
    Some AKA based guns (double check your gun before ordering) (using 11/16ths valves)

0.690 bore should be selected for the following guns

WGP based Full body guns (using 9/16ths valves)
    WGP based Mid block guns (using 9/16ths valves)
    Inception bodies made from WGP blanks (using 9/16ths valves)

Using a bolt with a tip that is too lose in your gun can result in the tip being blown off and blowback.

Using a bolt with a tip that is too tight can result in excessive friction and make it hard to cycle the bolt in the gun.

We recommend lightly lubricating the bolt tip and bolt o-rings with KC Trouble Free oil. Just enough to make them wet.

Bolt? What bolt?

I don't know, fly casual

Now let's talk about the real world benefits of your bolts in these guns.
    OlllllllO

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTheWookie View Post
    Cool, thanks.

Normally I pass up aftermarket bolts but one of these might actually find their way into my Ressy for the sake of its detents. The front oring on mine loves to chew through detents but hopefully this bolt will extend their life.

And it's funny, some people called me crazy when I told them Merlins had a larger top bore, and that AKA made Merlin specific bolts. Nice to see someone else noticed too.

Has there been any look into the compatibility between the new midblock bolt size for inception bodies vs. old 2k5 Black Magic bolts and WGP SR bolts?

Quote Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
    And it's funny, some people called me crazy when I told them Merlins had a larger top bore, and that AKA made Merlin specific bolts. Nice to see someone else noticed too.
    The two hardest things to deal with in what we are doing currently 1) The millions of variations in sizes and tolerances on all of the parts that have been made for the last 25+ years and 2) Finishing and Anodizing companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fathom View Post
    Has there been any look into the compatibility between the new midblock bolt size for inception bodies vs. old 2k5 Black Magic bolts and WGP SR bolts?
    Anything based on a WGP body should be the smaller bore. Depending on the actual gun and when/where it was made you may need to work with the port o-rings to get the best fit. We intentionally made them a little tighter as it's easier for the end user to stretch on a smaller o-ring than to make groove diameters larger.